New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A bill that mandates antitheft technology to come pre-installed on all smartphones sold in California is headed to the governor after passing a final California Senate vote on Monday. The bill, introduced by state Sen. Mark Leno and sponsored by San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon, asks that device makers put so-called "kill-switch" technology on every smartphone, though users could choose to opt-out of the security services. The software lets users lock the phone if it is stolen, making it inoperable."

Why are the Dems so eager to give away people's freedoms in exchange for government control? California making it mandatory that phones can be killed/turned off if stolen. I'm sure the government would never think to use it to kill phones during a rally or protest (or regional "event"), right? Even the industry is against it so who does it benefit?

Smartphone 'kill-switch' bill headed to California governor - CNET

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Mandated "Anti-Theft" = Gov wants to silence your technology. My phone ALREADY has this ability WITHOUT the government being involved. This bill is un-necessary and suspect.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The government doesn't need this kill switch to shut down your phones. They have been blocking phones for a long time, they do it during war and they did it during the Bundy Ranch seize. They can block phones from a vehicle at they travel into an area or they can bypass the cell phone company computers and shut down cell towers.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If it can turn them off it can turn them on. That would be more in the interest of tyrants I belive.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Standard Democrat tactic. They don't know how to fix the problems that exist so they manufacture a fix for a non-existant problem. Look what we fixed mom .
Smoke and mirrors folks, keep your eye on the prize. Don't lose focus November is coming fast.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I'm really sick of the government making rediculous laws "to protect the people" **** you, your jobs is to secure the borders, do that first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts