New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ruger MK(X) or the Browning Buckmark. Try them both to see how they feel. I'm partial to the MKII Ruger if you can find one. Add some sort of optics (red dot or scope) and you're GTG.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
I've hunted squirrel with my Smith Model 41 fitted with a Tasco PDP5CMP red dot. Fun time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've hunted squirrel with my Smith Model 41 fitted with a Tasco PDP5CMP red dot. Fun time.
Well, looks like I'm not the only one using a target gun in the field. Mine's a Hamden Hi Standard Victor w/ an Al Marvel scope base and scope.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Hey, if you are going to hunt, hunt with an accurate gun. ;) My Smith gets used for all sorts of shooting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Squirrel hater

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I've taken a bunch of squirrels with my S&W 22a. I still need to get a scope for it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Deprecated Browser Error
I have one with the 6" barrel. It is very accurate and the fixed top rail allowes for easy scope mounting if you wish. I got mine at a gun show ans got it for 270 tax included. I have seen used anound in the 200-225 range. Worth every penny.

Berreta neo.

comes in 4"-6" and a few 7-1/2" barrels.

.You can also buy a new barrel for around 95 bucks and it changes in a couple minutes with no tools.

I have no idea why the link is doing this

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
rugershooter, with a name like yours you should already know the answer! A Ruger Single Six.
I will second that: Ruger Single Six is my go-to small game handgun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts