New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked my awesome sks d with the orginal wood stock. Go to the range try it out and its perfect . When I Tryed to put the drum in it The neck of the drum was to short. I was researching this problem and I reading that somebody makes a special stock so it take an ak drum. Anybody every heard of that? Does anybody have a fix? Thanks

· Registered
4,105 Posts

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Actually I don't have one, (there was, umm, 'an issue' with a bolt swap in one I had back in 92 and I've pretty much completely avoided them since) and the above is just the result of my search effort on the topic.

That being said and were it me, with a stock installed I'd mark the needed clearance plus some to allow for swinging the mag in and out along with just general clearance, remove the stock and work it with tools appropriate to the material then put it back together.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Those don't apply in this case meketrefe. The OP is talking about an SKS-D, a model which natively accepts AK magazines. Not a conversion, they're built that way. Its just the factory stock on them that blocks a drum from fitting in properly.
I see.... I thought this was one of those classic mag conversions. Sorry for the confusion. Know close to nothing about these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.