New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dammit! these SKS auctions on Gun Broker are driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

this is like a bloody street fight. house to house, with grenades and bayonets.

just had to vent. thank you, drive through. :bang:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything but a natural SKS is not good to go here in NY. I want nothing to do with 30-round anything anymore. it's over.

just looking for a nice historically accurate SKS. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
it's amazing the guns people are trying to sell on want ad digest. some people are going to get in trouble if they aren't careful

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Give it a few more weeks...prices are coming down. Look at Mini 14s. They've dropped a lot in the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The mimi 14s are still bringing a premium price out here in Washington State, The rancher stainless steel synthetic stocks are $1,200.I sold mine a month and a half ago for $575. a day late and a dollar short.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a nice matching Russian SKS I was bidding on just went for $855.

there. are. no .words.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I WON the stinking auction SKS - THEN the seller changes the terms of the sale and says "no sales to NY"
HE is inside NY! He seems to think that SKS sales are now banned. MY local gunshop owner HAS an SKS in stock and won't sell it to me because HE also thinks they are banned from sale in NY. The ignorance is killing me. I was going to send the link to the troopers FAQ page - but nmow the page is pulled down!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I watched an elderly gent sell a decent looking SKS at the Albany gun show today for $300.
I had seen him wondering around looking at tables then he stopped and offered it for sale to a dealer and there I stood with exactly $300 in my pocket 2 feet away wondering why I didn't inquire about the rifle sooner.....dohh

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The mimi 14s are still bringing a premium price out here in Washington State, The rancher stainless steel synthetic stocks are $1,200.I sold mine a month and a half ago for $575. a day late and a dollar short.
Well..several have sold in the last few days in GB for $1000, buy it now....brand new.

I've had a few offered to me used lately (stainless) for less than $700. I didn't buy them as I believe the inflated price thing is about over.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just nuts, used to buy these w/ my C and R just a few years back for $89-$119 in "unissued" condition, hell they were so cheap I gave one to my brother in law for free...guess I should have kept a few more

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I watched an elderly gent sell a decent looking SKS at the Albany gun show today for $300.
I had seen him wondering around looking at tables then he stopped and offered it for sale to a dealer and there I stood with exactly $300 in my pocket 2 feet away wondering why I didn't inquire about the rifle sooner.....dohh
i was there at that time too. Musta been just feet away from you when he sold it. I personally know the dealer. He tried to get it for less than $300 then knew the guy was rdy to walk. If he walked, I was set to buy it too! Lol

the sks lasted but minutes on the dealers table that bought it...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's a new day boys. adapt or be overcome. the SKS is KING in NY now.

learn it, live it, know it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what about if it has bayonet attached ????is it still good ??
yes, it is. The stock (historical) SKS does not accept a detachable magazine. So, it does not even qualify for the scrutiny of the new "laws". So, the "one libtard-scary feature" test does not even start.

for the moment, the SKS is the best Zombie Fest rifle in NYS.

be advised.

·
Registered
451 Posts
yes, it is. The stock (historical) SKS does not accept a detachable magazine. So, it does not even qualify for the scrutiny of the new "laws". So, the "one libtard-scary feature" test does not even start.

for the moment, the SKS is the best Zombie Fest rifle in NYS.

be advised.
Mini-14,saiga, m1's, m1a's , kel tech Su-16...Lots of options left.

Also, I don't know about you, but at close range with no armor I would not want to incur the wrath of 8-shot pump loaded with anywhere from 0-00 buck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts