New York Firearms Forum banner

Skinning out in 1:48

Tags
148 skinning
3K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  Cavalry 
#1 ·
#12 ·
That's impressive. Took me like 35 minutes to skin my deer last year. We didn't have a fancy contraption to hang them from, but I may have to be resourceful and come up with something for my garage. That's IF I harvest anything near my residence this year.

#17 ·
An old butcher told me there is no need to hang a deer for a few days like you do with beef. The enzymes in the fat between the muscle in beef breaks down the fiber and make it tender. Deer don't have fat between the tissue sio it doesn't help tenderize the meat at all. I never let mine hang. I usually get started processing the same day I harvest them, sometimes I have to finish the next day.

#24 ·
This is an example of capitalism. Lets pretend that this scenario is a deer processing plant, and that that guy is an employee who gets paid by the number of deer processed in a day, not just a minimum wage flat rate.

That said and out of the way, that was impressive. I have never hunted or harvested deer, so I have no basis for comparison other than other YouTube videos. But, I can admire a skill when I see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.