New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to order some knives today that I found through the Slickguns link here. Kershaw folders with 3-inch blades and a 7" Ka-Bar marine knife. Message from Amazon: "cannot be shipped to the selected address" (Livingston County). Tried them all individually, as well, with the same results. Then I entered my daughter's address in Colorado...no problem. Looks like I'll be buying some knives at the gun show this weekend. Screw you, Amazon.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it be the seller them self does not ship to NY and not amazon?? I just added a knife to my shopping cart and made it all the way to the "submit order page" with no issues.
Not sure. All three knives say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here in Rochester it lets me order those or you only find out after you say pay?
Even this one I was able to put in my kart and start checkout....
Amazon.com: Gerber 31-000758 Gator Machete with Sheath: Home Improvement
Try to order butcher knifes. I wonder if they have the same no-sense policy?
Welcome to the new America folks!!!
Yeah, that one goes through ok. Also, I just tried the other knives I mentioned, sold by sellers other than Amazon, and there's no problem...well, except for the fact that they're not as cheap as Amazon.

I can start checkout ok, problem is when I submit my address. Try this one and see what happens:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H53Q6M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

· Registered
869 Posts
Yeah, that one goes through ok. Also, I just tried the other knives I mentioned, sold by sellers other than Amazon, and there's no problem...well, except for the fact that they're not as cheap as Amazon.

I can start checkout ok, problem is when I submit my address. Try this one and see what happens:

Amazon.com: KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corp Fighting Knife, Straight: Sports & Outdoors
goes all the way to "submit order page" for me. Maybe Amazon doesn't like you??

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I recently ordered 2 Kabar Fin folders from amazon, shipped direct from them and had no issues. That was about 2 months ago maybe.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
I've never had any issues ordering knives from Amazon. I purchased one recently over the past month as a wedding gift which I had shipped to my place.

Here are just a few "evil" weapons I am able to add to my basket and check out through Amazon..

How about a Cold Steel Polypropylene Indian Club? Looks like it could do some serious damage in an Anchorman-like brawl...
Amazon.com: Cold Steel Indian War Club with Polypropylene: Sports & Outdoors

If you want both your hands to mean business, you could add this Tactical Tomahawk as well...
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools F01T Tactical Tomahawk,Black - Amazon.com

I love this Cold Steel Carbon Gunstock war club, I should add it to my collection sooner than later...
http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Gunstock-Carbon-Polypropylene/dp/B002D4CFO0/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_img_y

Maybe a Hawk Axe strikes your fancy...
United Cutlery UC2765 M48 Hawk Axe with Nylon Sheath - Amazon.com

All of these items will ship to NYS...

If you want some laughs, read the reviews for some of them. Priceless. LOL.

[edit]Sorry, Kaboomer, I saw your post after I had posted this. I will leave it because you can order some really cool melee style weapons which are sold and shipped by Amazon. [/edit]

· Registered
1,064 Posts
I tried several additional times but no dice. I contacted Amazon via chat but the problem still exists. They will be looking into it and following up via email. Mabye Albany just sliped in some new legislation to curb the rampant threat of pocket knives?;)

· Registered
1,064 Posts
got an email from amazon, they are outright refusing the sale and the quoted the BS NYC regs on the the matter. So F YOU NYC, and F YOU BLOOMBERG, and F YOU ALBANY!!! God save the lot of you pigs if the S really does HTF 'cause y'all be the first to burn!

· Registered
4,955 Posts
NYC...bloomie and his herd of cronies love ruining it for everyone else. Wonder what's next on the ban list...

· Registered
3,225 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.