New York Firearms Forum banner

Simunition rounds

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  snoman48 
#1 ·
Anybody else have experience with them? We got to burn through a ton of them doing MOUT in the Corps. Is there any civilian restrictions on having or using them? I'm fairly sure to use the M9 Beretta rounds you need a different "blue barrel", but I could be totally off. Knowledge on owning, using; opinions, stories welcome!

#4 ·
thanks kmussack never occured to me lol. I'd rather talk to you guys than the google machine.

Via google, there doesn't seem to be any ban on civilian sales of them. My LGS guy that I talk to has said there doesn't seem to be any problem with buying/selling, and the rounds are all over gun broker for sale as well.

Once I get my post count up I may have a friend who may have some he's willing to part with..:cool:

#5 ·
They are expensive, hard to obtain if not LEO, and they hurt worse than paintballs.

G
#7 ·
If you're going to train with Simunitions be sure to wear adequate eye protection and one of these;

If you attend Simunition Trainer Training and become certified they will sell you ammunition.
Getting that training is the rub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.