New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a buddy of my that is a dealer about the Sig Sauer 556 rifles and I was complaining about how they don't make one that is compliant with the NYS-AWB and he told me that they do. So I looked it up and from what I can see it is compliant, if anyone has anymore insight on this before I tell my dealer to order one it would be appreciated.

Products & Services

From the pictures, and specifications on the Sig website it looks like a compliant rifle

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Gander Mtn. has these at some of their stores. There is a shop in Colony NY (near Albany) that has a lot of 556's on the rack and from memory they all had pinned stocks and welded comps/brakes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gander Mtn. has these at some of their stores. There is a shop in Colony NY (near Albany) that has a lot of 556's on the rack and from memory they all had pinned stocks and welded comps/brakes.
:p the nearest Gander to me is in Johnson city

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The SCM is fully compliant. The stock is the same as any ar, so it would take about 2 min to swap out. I changed mine over to an Ace stock. The 556 is a great rifle. The price tag can be a bit high ($1500). Also I swapped out the front hand guard, they make a couple of options for a foregrip.
It also takes standard ar mags, so there is no concern about getting high cap prebans.
I've had mine for a bit over 1 1/2 years and took Sig Academy's armorers course on th 556, so if you want to know anything else let me know.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I had the chance to handle/shoot one last year at the range, it was one front heavy sob to say the least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts