New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
It depends. Do you mean old Sig, as in Sig Sauer based in Eckernforde, Germany? Or new Sig, as in Sig Arms based in Exeter, New Hampshire?

If you mean old Sig, definitely get the Sig.

If you mean new Sig, definitely get the Glock.

· Registered
94 Posts
I don't think I've ever been asked a question where Glock wasn't the answer. Sure its weird to yell Glock when asked "paper or plastic?" but it doesn't make it wrong ;)

· Registered
45 Posts
Being a die hard 1911 fan, I can honestly say that the only handgun I like better than any of my 1911s was my sig 229 in .357 sig, and I liked it a lot better. I have owned a g21 and a g17, both were "meh" reliable, reasonably accurate but clumsy to aim.

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
To me and the OP criteria Glock is cheaper, both are probably comparable reliability wise and both are quality (I think quality and reliability go together for general defense use).

Thats why I say glock. If you just want something better to shoot then go Sig. After that it just comes down to cost and if the little things matter the extra cost to each person.

· Registered
491 Posts
I haven't shot any handguns yet.... :cool: But I can't wait to shoot all my Sig Sauer's, and compare.

· Registered
491 Posts
Lol. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be ok. One may be going up for sale, it's not in a common caliber with the rest of them, and I don't want to have to buy 20 different kinds of ammo, atleast right now.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Glock vs Sig is like Chevy vs BMW.

In my case, I wanted a 9mm for concealed carry. Tried the G26 - it's a good gun, but didn't care much for the feel/balance in my big meaty hands. Tried the Sig P239 and it was love at first sight. Was worth the extra $$$. There's countless threads on the internet out there about G26 vs P239. All comes down to personal preference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.