New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Sig to the range today. Trigger is smooth, a bit long, and the right pull weight for a fighting gun. Put 125 rounds through it wiht out a hiccup. The recoil was actually less than I expected with regular pressure loads, and very manageable with +P. It actually has less felt recoil and muzzle flip than my small Taurus 9mm with my 127 pf target loads. Probably because of the heft of the 45 vs the 9. KBurdo went with my and I'll let him share his opinion. We both shot it very well and it's more than accurate for a fighting gun. I was able to put all 6 rounds into a head shot on a IPSC target from 10 yards. The pic tells the story of accuracy. The ones on the bull are the Sig from 7 yards, the ones above are from the Taurus. Normally I won't carry and auto untill I have 500 rounds through it, but I will probably start carrying this one after 250, I like it, I like it a lot. Only problem iwth my pinky hangs off teh grip and got pinched a few times in the slight gap between the mag and grip. The Compact size mags will fit and they make a piece that goes on to give you a pinky rest. I will be ordering those parts asap.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I often say everyone should own a 1911. Well, you should own one of these also. It's now on my list. It's not very often that's someone's willing to let you brake in a new pistol, but I got chance. (thanks)
My only draw back on this one was my pinky finger had no place to go, felt lonely & bored, BUT the rest of my hand felt very comfortable. After shooting it severals times, my pinky knew it's place to get out of the way and tuck itself under the grip. So if you have giant hands or a "tea cup" pinky finger might want to find something else. It's est. 7lb. trigger pull was nice and smooth to the break with no grit. Now I really didn't find that sweet spot with the three dot sight. Seemed like I kept going high, but I'm sure if you own it, you'll put it to a lot of use and hit your mark. I could find room for it in my safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts