New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for educated opinions about what's a better choice. My CCP is pending. It will be for carry as well as range and HD. Other criteria includes the fact that I can get the SigP229 for 50% off MSRP as I have a connection to the company so they will both be about the same price. Opinions?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input gentlemen. My web searches yielded similar results, that it's all about personal preference as both are Said to be dead reliable. I figure my friend at Sig Sauer hooking me up with a discount is the deciding factor.

· Registered
491 Posts
Didnt you just sell one fox?
1 of 2 that I currently own. Only reason I sold it was cause it was a .40 S&W, I'm concentrating on 9's and .45's. And the money is going towards the Sig 226 Scorpion I just ordered. LOL......AND the Glock 19 i ordered...

I still have a Sig P228 in 9mm, and a Sig Compact 1911 C3 in .45 ACP

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear that if I get the sig P229 in .357sig I can just swap out the upper barrel for the.40 upper and the mag either takes .40 or it takes both(.357sig and .40s+w) mags? Anyone know any details on this. I'm a rifle guy getting my research together so I'm educated when my pending CCP comes thru.

· Registered
491 Posts
Yup, same mags for .40 and .357, different barrels. They sell a conversion kit, I've seen them on Gunbroker, ebay etc. You could even get a 9mm set up, but would need 9mm mags

· Registered
582 Posts
I bought a Sig P229 ONCE... Returned it at a loss days later... Just not a huge fan of the Decocker-DA/SA Set up...

That being said my wife still has a P239, and I still have a P6 (P225). Daily Carry is some variation of a GLOCK, or revolver.

DAO LOVE...!

DAO = Simplicity.

another bonus to GLOCK's, they are cheap to fix.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I only shot a SIg 45 once (not sure what model) and it was a great gun but the grip was way too big for me. I own a G23 and love it. Agree with others though, have to get what works for you. I personally like the simplicity of the Glock for defensive carry and would probably never carry a gun with external safety's etc. JMO. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.