Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a very rare Certified Used (excellent) Red box Sig
Lots of other "neat" guns
Lots of stock
SCCYs in stock, lasers, holsters.
Long guns too
UTS-15s coming any day!! cases, lasers, sights too.

CATSKILL MOUNTAINS FIREARMS, LLC
]in the woods of Kerhonkson

$30 No Lecture no BS transfers

89 Stiller Berg Strada
Kerhonkson, NY 12446

Phone 845-626-7676
ALWAYS CALL BEFORE YOU COME TO SEE US
Email [email protected] FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Web Catskill Mountains Firearms, LLC - Home

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Add me to the UTS list for when they come in for a price.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would check with the NYSP. I am fairly sure those UTS15's are a no go in the state to civilian market. The reason being is that they feed automatically using both tubes in an alternating feed system unlike the KSG's that you have to manually switch tubes. Just CYA my man.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I would check with the NYSP. I am fairly sure those UTS15's are a no go in the state to civilian market. The reason being is that they feed automatically using both tubes in an alternating feed system unlike the KSG's that you have to manually switch tubes. Just CYA my man.
UTS good to go since it is not a semiauto rifle/shotgun. Similar to tube fed lever action 22s (Henry Golden Boy Etc) that can hold 12+ rounds. Either way I'm good to go.

Good looking out though; thanks!! That's why I love this place... We all look out for each other.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I thought they were trying to impose their will on the magazine issue. not really sure though. You never know, hell the ranch hand lever actions are considered SBR's in this state. I know they are a hot commodity in the AW world.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Might as well go back to using dart blow guns, sling shots and mud pies.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ranch hand is considered a short barreled rifle by NYS even thought the feds say it's a pistol. Some snuck through and were grandfathered don't know if they still are ok or not but in the COBIS days the state cops wouldn't do them.
I will look at the sig later.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
They still sell Ranch Hands around here

saw one at Oakwood Trading post

i also asked if LE only bc of the NYSP opinion. They said nope, anyone can buy it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The UTS would fall under large capacity ammunition feeding device. KSG is good to go as it has 2 separate 7 round tubes. UTS will feed simultaneously from both.

Only .22 is exempt

however, that such term
does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and
capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was told in No uncertain terms that it was a short barreled rifle by the Trooper who did the Cobising, (he wasn't jerk he was a nice guy)

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
How many criminals use a freaking Mares Leg in the commission of a crime? Yet, those are considered "assault weapons." Freaking government overreach of the highest order.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well I talked to NYSP Loudonville today and good news is KSG's, UTS15's are legal, only thing with UTS is that you can load only 7 in between the tubes because it doesn't have a selector like the KSG. The Mare's legs are confirmed to be SBR in the state too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts