New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search feature of this forum and came up with nothing. Maybe I am just searching wrong? But anyways I was just wondering if anyone else owns a Sig Sauer P220? I just bought one at our local Gander Mountain ( Paid through the nose) and really really love this gun. Mine is the railed version (P220R) and I bought it before I ran into that damn deadline on magazine size. The two mags that came with it are 8 rounders. It's a touch on the heavy side but dear lord what an accurate gun out of the box! IMG_1763.jpg

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have a P220 Super Match from the Custom Shop. Excellent pistol. Great accuracy. It also came with a rail but is very light. Has a 5 1/4" barrel. Came with the test fired target . I love it. Expensive but a great pistol.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I just bought one about an hour ago. It's P220 elite reverse 2 tone. Same grips as the equinox. My local dealer is liquidating them for $850. I couldn't pass it up. I really wanted the equinox or one w/o the rail but for the price why spend $300 more on a base model??? I can live with the rail and 2 tone.

I had to buy it because of Dieter. He has one and I have never shot a pistol as well as his 220.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had one for about 3 years. It is the P220R but I replaced the standard grips with the rosewood ones that the elites come with. I did not want the beavertail on the elite, but liked the look and feel of the wood grips. You do feel the heat if you shoot a lot of rounds. Can't complain about the accuracy.

I own the sight adjustment tool if anyone local needs access to one. It works for any of the large frame sigs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=RVanO;430794
I own the sight adjustment tool if anyone local needs access to one. It works for any of the large frame sigs.
I was actually thinking about buying that tool but I think it is expensive?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have a 220 Carry Elite Dark. I don't carry it much any more but it is one of my favorites and one hell of a tack driver.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just bought a P220 Elite. No rounds down range yet.

The fit and feel is absolutely beautiful. Although large, this is going to be my carry gun forawhile. Mostly due to its large pricetag. But I dont htink that will be an issue. My first run with her will be using 230grain blazer hardball. It was cheap so I picked some up. Im thinking this will be the last two boxes of blazer I buy however as it appears to be less than quality ammo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts