New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I do. As stated I have had 2 home invasions and one where 2 young men were casing my house. About 9pm the door rings and 2 young men ask for So and So, I looked at them and asked them to leave, they know no such person lives there. Then they went nextdoor and tried to get in... I also asked them to leave.
One night I woke to an odd sound in the living room, there was a man in there, I was caught holding nothing more than myself. That moment I decided never again would I close the barn door after the horse left. A few years later I wake to my dog growling (something that never happens, she was 2 before she barked) I woke to a man coming in my bedroom window. Not sure what was scarier me racking the action or me in my boxers, but he left. Both of these happened in a nice suburban area, so, do I carry at home, yea.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do. As stated I have had 2 home invasions and one where 2 young men were casing my house. About 9pm the door rings and 2 young men ask for So and So, I looked at them and asked them to leave, they know no such person lives there. Then they went nextdoor and tried to get in... I also asked them to leave.
One night I woke to an odd sound in the living room, there was a man in there, I was caught holding nothing more than myself. That moment I decided never again would I close the barn door after the horse left. A few years later I wake to my dog growling (something that never happens, she was 2 before she barked) I woke to a man coming in my bedroom window. Not sure what was scarier me racking the action or me in my boxers, but he left. Both of these happened in a nice suburban area, so, do I carry at home, yea.
100% of all HOME invasions occur at home.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Who the hell draws on their family??? They should get a restraining order against them, not just a revoked permit.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Who the hell draws on their family??? They should get a restraining order against them, not just a revoked permit.
That was sarcasm

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have fifteen handguns and they are all loaded for bear, An empty gun scares two people and I don't like being scared!

I agree and Mini Me agrees with Dr. Evil, ALL HOME INVASIONS HAPPEN AT HOME!
Tiny-Mini-Me--68331.jpg

If your home is a "No Home Invasion Zone" and posted "No Home Invasion Zone" and your a Democrap, then you have nothing t worry about. These "No What Ever" signs REALLY WORK!!!! I see them allover the place.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Yes, definitely. Always be prepared for the unexpected to occur. We can't foresee every event. Even an home you're never truly safe (e.g. 100% chance nothing will happen).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I'm just going to cut this off on page one since we already have a three page thread on exactly the same topic still on page 2 of Carry/Conceal. Also started by a posted article from our own Dr. Evil in fact.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/carry-conceal/57038-carrying-home.html

Also, some posts were removed here. No need to crap talk other members, past or present. Besides, some folks are best left forgotten.
(And if *ahem* someone was back, I'd very likely be the first to know. That's normally my job around here..heh)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.