New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question, I know, but here's the deal. I recently submitted my permit amendment for a change from Target to Sportsman. With the amendment pending do you think it is a good idea to send in another amendment to add a new pistol? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize or slow down the process for the restriction change but I found this lonely 1911 that is begging for a new home. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
if the question comes up should i buy another gun... the answer is always buy 2...

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I've got one pistol "in jail" at my FFL while I await my completed amendment. In the interim I made some more purchases. My FFL should soon have three more pistols awaiting their release papers. I'll file one amendment for those three after I get back the one I'm still waiting for.

I don't seem to ever keep a permit for more than a few weeks. I got my permit last November and I'll soon be receiving my 4th reprinting with added items.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
We can't have that 1911 getting lonely so yes

·
Registered
701 Posts
if you are afraid of that 1911 being lonely let me know where it is.. I can give it a good home.. also as an FYI .. I was waiting on an amendment for 29 days (really abnormally long in my county) and i found a smoking deal on another pistol.. bought it put the amendment in and received that amendment back 5 days before the first one came back... didnt really slow anything down.. sometimes things just get stuck in a shuffle..

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think all you guys should move to Greene county takes me about a week to get a pistol added to my permit

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've got one pistol "in jail" at my FFL while I await my completed amendment. In the interim I made some more purchases. My FFL should soon have three more pistols awaiting their release papers. I'll file one amendment for those three after I get back the one I'm still waiting for.

I don't seem to ever keep a permit for more than a few weeks. I got my permit last November and I'll soon be receiving my 4th reprinting with added items.
Phazer I applaud your ability to keep the clerk's office busy.

1 question: Upon purchasing your 5th pistol, did the Westchester Pistol unit send a detective to your home to inspect how you are storing your pistols before they issued the amendment for that pistol or did they come out after it was issued?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm just about to finalize the purchase of my 5th pistol.

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I think all you guys should move to Greene county takes me about a week to get a pistol added to my permit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guy's should move to Pennsylvania, or out here to Washington State where you can buy as many handguns as you want with no restrictions what so ever.
No permits needed to go buy any handgun you want.
I just bought another today and I'll be picking up a couple more in the next few days. I picked up a nice older S&W 64-3, 38 caliber today on a face to face deal. I gave the guy $225 a month or so ago and meet him today to pay him the balance ($225) and came home with another inheretance for my boys back there in New York.
I have a Taurus 85T that I'll be picking up through the local Cabelas Sunday morning, I have another stainless Ruger mark 2 with a 5" barrel that I'll be picking up at a local pawn shop here shortly.
I'll also will be picking up a S&W 586 in pristine condition that I have money on at a local gun shop. It is blued with a 4" and a 6" barrel. Again just pay for it, pass the NICS check and take her home.

It should be that way for EVERYONE/EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Stupid question, I know, but here's the deal. I recently submitted my permit amendment for a change from Target to Sportsman. With the amendment pending do you think it is a good idea to send in another amendment to add a new pistol? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize or slow down the process for the restriction change but I found this lonely 1911 that is begging for a new home. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
coming in here asking if you should buy another pistol is like walking into an Irish bar asking if you should have another beer.
Of course!!! have as many as you want.

ps:never ask this question to the wife.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
It was a pub in NYC gag damnit!

English guy says back in London you buy the first 2 pints of New Castle and they buy you the third pint for free.

The Scot says Edinburgh you buy a pint of Loch Ness Ale and the second one is free.

The Irish guy says that ain't noth'n, back in Dublin you walk in and the first pint of Harp is free. When you finished that one, the second one is on the house. After that the third one is free too. And to top it off after you're done they take you up stairs and f' you for free too.

After hearing this the Englishman and Scot are besides themselves and say is that really true? And the Irishman says well it's never happened to me before but it happens to my sister all the tyme...

Bad dump ba.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Of course, buy it!!!

It's really odd how different all the counties are in the way permits are issued and pistols added. It takes a year or more to get through the permit process here in Erie County but adding pistols to your permit is very easy. I can go to my LGS and buy several pistols then take the receipt down to the permit office and pay $5.00 for them to be added to my permit and return to the LGS and take them home. I'm fairly certain there is no restrictions on how many pistols you can add, an NRA instructor I know has over 60 on his permit.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
A week? 5 minutes here....walk into clerk's office, hand the nice lady your $3, walk out with your coupon. It sucks that the process is not standardized throughout the state.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Red flag extremist!! the eyes are on yooooooou.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts