New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shots Fired in Endicott June 23, 2012

Monroe Street and Harrison Avenue
Surrounding neighbors told police they heard as many as six shots fired.
Endicott Police said a nearby witness reported seeing a black male driving a silver vehicle, possible a Dodge Stratus.
The witness said the vehicle came to a complete stop and fired shots at an unknown person.
A house was also struck with a gunshot round during the crossfire. That casing was found and collected as evidence.
"We noticed about an hour later, there was a hole missing in the wall where the bullet came through,"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man and only on 6/12/2012 there was Shots Fired on Pine Street in binghamton and on Jun. 5 Shots fired near Binghamton day care area of Felters Road and Conklin Avenue hmmm and 2 reports said seen green vehicle

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
It's been going to hell for the past 10+ years, the Italian influence is gone and now The Element has taken over.
That is correct. I live on the north side. I am slowly being overtaken by the element. My car was broken into while it was in my driveway (doors were locked) two years ago. The amount of drug activity has gone up substantially. Shootings and stabbings are on the rise. My GF was followed by a bum begging for money. Not normally a big deal but when she got to her car after politely telling him she has no cash he started beating on the window yelling "give me money". I'm thinking of building a brick wall around my street and making my final stand.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The chit has literally moved uphill, and knowing how the northside once was, it's truly sad to see what's happened.

When those thugs murdered a guy on Oak Hill several years back, the writing was on the wall.

Cops found them passed out at the carousel, a few hundred yards from the murder scene.

20 years ago, it would have NEVER have happened in that neighborhood.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Wow, I'm amazed. I never knew Binghamton had such crime issues. Then again, I never strayed far from the Oakdale mall or Vestal, so what do I know?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I grew up on the south side of Johnson City. It is now a complete dump. Many parts of Endicott are disgusting. When my Grandma used to take us to Washington Ave. in the late 80's (burts) it was a nice place. Not anymore! As Guy pointed out the garbage is moving up hill. They even had a riot at the church bazaar a couple of years ago.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
It's been going to hell for the past 10+ years, the Italian influence is gone and now The Element has taken over.
It all started when IBM moved out and only went downhill after that. Endicott was decent but now it is just filled with welfare scum and gangs. More and more of the city people are buying up houses and renting them out and ALL of them are slumlords. They are helping the city scum move up here by offering cheaper rent than down in the city.

James

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It all started when IBM moved out and only went downhill after that. Endicott was decent but now it is just filled with welfare scum and gangs. More and more of the city people are buying up houses and renting them out and ALL of them are slumlords. They are helping the city scum move up here by offering cheaper rent than down in the city.

James
This is the story all over WNY.

****ty slum lords buying up property in burbs and moving in trash.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My son rented in Endicott while he was in school but could not wait to move out once he got working. He was in a apartment on Main St. and he had the element pulling their crap all the time as most do not work and sleep all day. He just did not say anything to anyone and kept to himself so not to be noticed till he could leave.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts

James
The rent is so cheap for many of them we actually pay for it! Our tax dollars hard at work. You can drive by the slums of Endicott in the winter months and see doors left open with heat waves pouring out of them. If you don't have to pay for your heat I guess you don't care. It's truly disgusting.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
So where are the good parts of Binghamton? Windsor? Lol
Westside addresses nearest to Riverside Dr., and most parts of the Southside and South Mtn are still nice.

Vestal remains a good place to live, residents won't tolerate the element and we've lots of cops.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Westside addresses nearest to Riverside Dr., and most parts of the Southside and South Mtn are still nice.

Vestal remains a good place to live, residents won't tolerate the element and we've lots of cops.
The element can't afford to live in many parts of Vestal! If I stay in the area (don't think I will) Vestal would be where I relocate.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I always thought the City of Binghamton itself was a sh!thole. No offense folks. When I was a kid - we'd come up from Long Island and go visit family friends in the town of Maine and enjoy doing the ******* thing. Work has me down there quite a bit - mainly in Kirkwood and Vestal... and when I gotta head over to the city - I cringe and wish I could carry at some of these places.

I'll give the area some credit - when I gotta overnight it down there, the best part of my stay is dinner at Caccitore's in JC.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Rottenchester is horrible as well, but at least you guys are allowed to defend yourself there. No so in Stabbacuse.

Also, your zoo sucks.

Speaking of Rochester, and this is a bit off topic, but last year we were coming back from said zoo and for some reason, my GPS took me the long way back, and I found this cool little roadside diner. I don't remember much, but it was red, was very cramped, only offered bar seating and sold awesome ice cream. Anyone happen to know the name of that place?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts