1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
"Join me next week for my sheetrock repair instructional video"

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks to this thread I just spent about an hour on youtube watching firearm fail videos.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people haha

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
perfect example of stupidity, rule #1 keep your finger off the trigger unless you indend on firing the weapon. and common sense is not to use live rounds for a demonstration video, that guys lucky nobody was injured or killed

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It's OK. Vice President Beiden says you should get a shotgun because a couple blasts from a shotgun is all the average citizen needs for home defense. I think we should make this guy The Official Vice Presidential Firearms Safety Instructor. He knows about as much about firearms as Beiden and already has a training video.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Call me paranoid if you will, but I honestly sometimes believe some of these things are put out by Anti-gunners to make gun owners look bad. This one would be a prime candidate for that suspicion.

Something about it doesn't even look real to me and looks more like an edited video effect.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Call me paranoid if you will, but I honestly sometimes believe some of these things are put out by Anti-gunners to make gun owners look bad. This one would be a prime candidate for that suspicion.

Something about it doesn't even look real to me and looks more like an edited video effect.
agree
there should have been a lot of drywall debris falling on him. And if I did something that stupid I never would have posted it

·
Registered
630 Posts
As someone who makes a living doing videos and digital special effects I think it is legit. The timing of the sound to his reaction appears normal. So does the sound itself since most cameras have AGC (Automatic Gain Control) which is designed to prevent the camera mic from being overloaded and destroy the mic element.

Except, I have to wonder if he had a blank loaded instead of birdshot? He obviously knew what would happen while demonstrating this feature unless he never actually tried it before (which could be a possibility). I watched it a few times and tried to pause it right before the gun goes off and it appears as though he knew it was coming. Without having the original video in front of me it's hard to tell though. There should be more debris falling from the ceiling but the quality is so horrible it's hard to tell if anything is falling. Either way the guy was stupid to try this indoors instead of at a range with proper safety gear. I wonder if he had to change his pants afterward?

Just my opinion anyway. It's usually not worth much these days.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts

i agree that the anti gunners definitely like to circulate these types of videos to make us all look bad. but i didnt take this video as being a set up.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
As someone who makes a living doing videos and digital special effects I think it is legit. The timing of the sound to his reaction appears normal. So does the sound itself since most cameras have AGC (Automatic Gain Control) which is designed to prevent the camera mic from being overloaded and destroy the mic element.

Except, I have to wonder if he had a blank loaded instead of birdshot? He obviously knew what would happen while demonstrating this feature unless he never actually tried it before (which could be a possibility). I watched it a few times and tried to pause it right before the gun goes off and it appears as though he knew it was coming. Without having the original video in front of me it's hard to tell though. There should be more debris falling from the ceiling but the quality is so horrible it's hard to tell if anything is falling. Either way the guy was stupid to try this indoors instead of at a range with proper safety gear. I wonder if he had to change his pants afterward?

Just my opinion anyway. It's usually not worth much these days.
I think he forgot he had put a round in the tube. I doubt he ran through the entire video once before recording it, so it was probably the first time he had done those exact things in that exact order. I watched the video again and I do not see where you think he knew it was coming. But to each his own.

I also think it is possible the shot struck the ceiling behind the camera, which is why you don't see debris. You don't see smoke because he threw the gun on the floor. I don't know why we have to analyze it to see if its fake, but as long as we are, it appears real enough to me.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
think he was nervous in regards to not looking like an idiot making the video, he loaded a live round into the tube to demonstrate, and then got focused on showing how the trigger goes off as soon as you rack the slide. he dropped the gun like a hot freaking potatoe, i think he was totally caught off guard do to not paying attention.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Man. I heard the speech impediment, and knew it wasn't going to end well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts