New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to the Nassau County Range and was wondering if there are any private clubs that would be okay with a female in her early '30's joining (with my husband). Since I am new to this, I am not sure if this is a guys thing and if women aren't welcome. I have heard that there is a club in Freeport and another club in Old Bethpage that has a range in West Islip. On another thread here, someone mentioned a club in Smithtown, but that appears to be for veterans (I am not a veteran). If anyone belongs to any of these clubs, and could recommend where a female and her spouse would be welcomed, to shoot shotguns and rimfire rifles, please let me know. Thanks!
-JEN

· Registered
183 Posts
check out Sportsmen's Association for Firearms Education, Inc. we just had a women on target class and another is comming .
there are a few ranges islip town range long island shooting in bayshore one in medford on 112 freeport rifle&pistol roslyn and the one in smithtown is open to all not just vets there are others get involved with a local org. like SAFE next meting is next Mon 7:30pm
and welcome to you and your husband to the shooting sports

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.