New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to get out shooting every week or two, Shooting partners that you like to spend time with shooting are fun. I have two friends that I shoot with on a regular basis. I've been piching up 22lr ammo for my Doctor and I found him a nice old Savage 24V - 223 over a 20 gauge. I stopped by his office this morning to drop off some ammo and we shot the breeze for about half an hour. We're going to get together in two weeks to get out and do some target practice at one of my favorite shooting spots. Its a fantastic spot up in the Cascades Mountains. It is six miles up a logging road that's off a seasonal senic road. Your ears pop when as you go up in elevation. Looking forward to this day, Not sure which guns I'll take. I'll post some pics of our shoot in a couple of weeks. I'll be going there next week with an older friend to do some shooting and look for some deer sign. I might take a dead calf up there to put out to see if anything chows down on it.
We did some off-road power line clearing a few years ago up on White Pass, When we found dead deer that got stuck with a car we'd take them and tie-wire them to trees way back in off the road and see what ate on then. Most of the time t would be coyotes, then bobcats. Always crows, ravens and bald eagles. I never seen a bear eat off of these free meals.
Years ago I knew a guy that would go to the horse aucttion and buy a old run down pony and take it way back in the woods back East, They would shoot it and wait a few days to check it. Back there the black bears would have a field day with the easy pickens.

I fewof the guns we took last month & one of my shooting partners.

Table Plant Plant community Ecoregion Nature

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The old guy that runs the local feed store comes up pretty regularly to shoot clay birds off the back porch . He has gotten quite a few nice handguns here lately and some are a real treat to shoot ! We have been " throwing lead " pretty regularly off the porch across the field and he is getting pretty good now that his wife agreed to bring the coffee for our therapy days ! You can't beat a great day slinging lead !

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple places behind our place is a Senior Living Center, I see an older gentleman out taking walks and picking up trash as he makes his rounds. One of these times I'm going to stop and see if he'd like to get out and do some fishing or shooting.

It always fun to get out and spend some time with a friend trowing lead and drowning worms. Plus you get to try some new guns & fishing equipment.

I like seeing people out having a good time and building friendships.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts