New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it may be tough to find an FFL to do it but why can't we just remove the gas piston setup to be single action? This way it could be shipped, sold and would still function... It would work like a complicated bolt action

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
just have the lower sent to the ffl, the rest is just parts and can be shipped directly to you. make it compliant before you assemble it. I'd recommend just using the MR2 kit which will allow your rifle to have a fixed 5 or 10 round magazine, depending on which one you purchase, and all the features your heart desires. Or you can buy the MR2 in advance and ask the ffl to install it for you before transferring it. Its a really simple process. Although we do not have written confirmation from NYSP that this is officially approved yet. Just make sure that the magazine is fixed before you take possession of it
Amazon.com: AR MR2 Mag Release Mod CA NY CT MD Legal AR15 AR10: Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
756 Posts
I agree 100% ith samcolt87, just get the stripped lower shipped to yoyr FFL then do what YOU want after that. Fixed mag or featureless is the way to go. The bolt action straight pull is a Poor choice IMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts