1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I wonder if he'll want to be called 'master', 'overlord', 'emperor', 'king', 'brother' or 'furhur' when he finally manages to lock his position because people are frikkin blind AND stupid.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
This is not his fault. He has certain powers and he is willing to use them. The issue is the general tonic around politicians (congress included) polarizing apart instead of coming together in the face of huge problems. Also many politicians and interest groups focusing in all the wrong priorities like many of the nonsense things we know impacting gun laws and all sort of other non sense.
Budget issues, economy, bring manufacturing back, jobs, sound foreign policies, ... what is the plan to help with that?

There should be a public outcry to demand solid answers, swift decisions and firm plans from all policy makers but there is a huge crisis of both, leaders, and well informed involved civilians everywhere. I do contact the local representatives not just about 2nd amendment related issues but 1st amendment, economy, education, etc... and ask them for answers. What is the plan? Propose some ideas too. All those goons in wall street are protesting at the wrong place. They should be in front of congress asking for higher standards and ethics and getting all the lobbyists from big corporations out of there that are screwing up the people big time. If we all went there, I would take my sleeping bag and join for a few days.

Get involved or our children are not going to forget us for the mess we are leaving behind for them. Also get involved with your neighbors, even if they are anti gun doesn't mean that we cannot agree together in other issues. Maybe this is a good way to show them that we are not just interested in guns but in preserving everything that is good about this country. Europe is lost already so lets not allow the same here.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
"Obama's not saying he has the right to defy a Congressional statute," said Richard H. Pildes, a New York University law professor. "But if the legislative path is blocked and he otherwise has the legal authority to issue an executive order on an issue, they are clearly much more willing to do that now than two years ago."
In other words, If you don't agree with me, I'll go around you so I can get my way. It's my way or the highway....period.

Parliamentary Procedure be damned .

If NObama gets a second term I expect to see him on the bow of a Nuclear Powered Destroyer with his arms stretched to the sides yelling "IM KING OF THE WORLD" at the top-of-his-lungs

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Please explain how this is in any way different than what Bush was doing with his Signing Statements and other examples of bypassing the Legislative process? Because it's a Democrat doing it now?

Either it is ok to use this method to bypass the Congressional Gridlock or it isn't. Quit with the double-standards.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Please explain how this is in any way different than what Bush was doing with his Signing Statements and other examples of bypassing the Legislative process? Because it's a Democrat doing it now?

Either it is ok to use this method to bypass the Congressional Gridlock or it isn't. Quit with the double-standards.
Who said it was ok that Bush did it? Bush did some really shady sh*t and NObama is following suit, so much for that Change......

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Easy there - take a breath -have a seat in the green room and relax ... I never implied it was ok for anyone to be doing - its just still just the same old crap with a different mask on is all ....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Easy there - take a breath -have a seat in the green room and relax ... I never implied it was ok for anyone to be doing - its just still just the same old crap with a different mask on is all ....
Thank you....it's nice to see people who agree with me. it's NOT ok, regardless of who does it.

As a famous man once said...(paraphrased) "This Country needs an enema!"

·
Registered
123 Posts
I watched a documentary on Hitler the other day. Hitler was an extremely good orator and promised everyone everything at first. Then things went down hill. A lot of similarities with the current admin. in the white house. People are so blind, to think that they would load their families up on the FEMA rail cars without even questioning why wouldn't surprise me at all. Me and my family will be dead or hopefully still alive in the mountains somewhere.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I watched a documentary on Hitler the other day. Hitler was an extremely good orator and promised everyone everything at first. Then things went down hill. A lot of similarities with the current admin. in the white house. People are so blind, to think that they would load their families up on the FEMA rail cars without even questioning why wouldn't surprise me at all. Me and my family will be dead or hopefully still alive in the mountains somewhere.
and Hitler didn't use a Teleprompter, Obama is lost without a Teleprompter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I think he's retarded myself. But the people that fall for his BS don't care that he's using a teleprompter. That's the problem. Mindless zombies!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts