New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped off all my paperwork including my "To Whom It Mat Concern" letter. They scheduled me for an interview a few weeks from now. Does anyone know what to expect in these interviews. I've never been in any trouble and was 100% truthful on the application. I'm thinking it's just a formality but hoping someone has an idea.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Vicfer

I'm sure it's just a casual interview, I think it's more of a oversight as to your demeanor. If you went in dressed like a thug they would view you as a low life and you would probably get denied. Just go in and act normal and things will great for you. It's a shame you guys have to go through all of this BS to get a pistol permit, it should be like here Washington State or in Pennsylvania where you submit your pistol permit application and give them their money,they do the back ground check and you are good to go.

If you get a full carry (unrestricted) permit get right down to Pennsylvania and get you Non-Resident Pennsylvania full carry permit, Twenty minutes, $20 and your out the door with permit in hand. The last I checked it was good for twenty-six states and last for five years.

Have fun with your new toys when you start buying them and remember every one needs a GOOD 1911 and a DECENT REVOLVER, shoot straight and be safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you HighlandLofts. That's what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure. Every time I've had to go down there I have been very respectful and dressed properly. As long as you have all your paperwork correct and they see that your a normal person it sounds like it ends well. Yes, that's what the plan is, if I get the full carry (unrestricted). Thanks again for the advice.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I had the interview about ten years ago in the OC jail. It consisted of going over the application and fingerprinting. Since I was arrested in the past as a minor, they informed me that I needed to submit dispositions for the arrest.

That was basically it. There was chit chatting here and there but it was not a formal interview like sitting in front of a judge. They were just doing their jobs and making sure my paperwork was in order.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Got my OC permit about 18months ago - The interview is very informal. Dress and act respectfully and you will be okay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dropped off my paper work last saturday and also got an appointment for interview , seems is just normal procedure now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts