New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen....after a nice relaxing 3.5 hour ride, I am here for tomorrow's poker run. Hope some of you can make it.

Hit me up if you can. [email protected]

Seventh Annual Poker Run
WhenSaturday, May 19, 2012
WhereAmerican Legion Post 189 Post, 29 Sheldon Street, Norwich, NY 13815 (map)
DescriptionNorwich Post 189 American Legion Riders Seventh Annual Poker Run. Registration starts @ 9:30 & kick stands up @ 11:00. Proceeds benefit the Landstuhl Hospital Care Project. The flyer is below on the events page of ALR189.comwww.LandstuhlHospitalCareProject.org

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
120+ bikes...140+ miles. Absolutely perfect. I am riding back down this morning. Another 170+ back...stopping in N. NJ for another benefit. This time for the NJSP. Kids were injured in an MVA. Then I am heading back tonight. Total for the weekend will be close to 600 miles. Not a bad weekend at all. These Upstate guys are onto something. It is beautiful up here.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AWESOME!!! The fundraiser had a great turnout. I did get a little news that I was unaware of. The NJSP Sgt's daughter was actually killed in the accident. She was only 11 years old. 2 other kids were seriously injured. I beg you all not to take anything for granted. I often do myself, and life is too precious and short. If you've got good family and friends, love them while they are here.

I was humbled today and shed a tear or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts