New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out Sentry's line of gun safes because eventually I'll need to upgrade and came across this -

| Sentry® Safe | HDC11E Home Defense Center

It seems like it could be good for people with kids.

Anyone own anything like this?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was at Beikirch on Monday and they had one on display. Looked interesting.
930 W Linden Ave,
East Rochester, NY 14445

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yeah I've seen them as well. They look interesting if you want to keep a long arm in your bedroom but have children, and a wife who doesn't mind a safe in your bedroom. Otherwise they only hold one long arm conveniently and maybe a handgun or two on the top shelf. For the money they are nice, but I'd rather have a traditional gun safe.

By the way, SentrySafe is headquartered in East Rochester (next to Beikirch's in fact). Way to support local business!!! :D

·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine works for Sentry and I've been able to tour the facility. Nice family owned business.

I don't have any kids (that I know of), so I'll stick to a regular gun safe for now. Just thought it was cool.

·
Registered
398 Posts
BTW, Sentry is having a warehouse sale April 13 1-3pm and April 14 8a-3p. They don't say what is available and it's "as-is" with no warranties.

It's a 140 Despatch Drive in East Rochester.

·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, Sentry is having a warehouse sale April 13 1-3pm and April 14 8a-3p. They don't say what is available and it's "as-is" with no warranties.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

If anyone is going to this and wants to do a little scouting for me, send me a pm please. I can't make it there, but I am in the market for a 36-gun fire safe. I do pay "bird dog" fees.

Yeah, yeah, I know... so the thinning might be going a little slow! LOL

·
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
475 Posts
I own this exact safe and find it very quiet and convenient. But I work for Sentry so that is not really an objective opinion. If you have questions though, I can answer them.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
a wife who doesn't mind a safe in your bedroom. :D
Ha! I managed to get a small safe in the bedroom closet under heavy protest! You will need one hell of an interior decorator to work around one of the new ones. They solve a problem for those of us with young kids & friends (I worry more about friends) running around.

I really like them! Time to start the sales pitch.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I own this exact safe and find it very quite and convenient. But I work for Sentry so that is not really an objective opinion. If you have questions though, I can answer them.
How about a little "info" on the upcoming sale? :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice find. I've been looking for something a bit more discreet than a 40 gun 2000lbs safe to keep in the bedroom. This in a wood outer cabinet would be in the wife friendly category. Of course, then it would cost $1,200.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Firedoctor is correct on the info that he provided above. Prices and stock is still unknown, though prices would obviously be lower than retail. The only thing I can add is that you should bring a truck because it is cash-and-carry. I am not in a position to offer you guys any discounts beyond what is available at the sale. But I am allowed to buy a limited amount of safes at an employee discount and I could do trades with them if you are interested in a particular model of safe.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Firedoctor is correct on the info that he provided above. Prices and stock is still unknown, though prices would obviously be lower than retail. The only thing I can add is that you should bring a truck because it is cash-and-carry. I am not in a position to offer you guys any discounts beyond what is available at the sale. But I am allowed to buy a limited amount of safes at an employee discount and I could do trades with them if you are interested in a particular model of safe.
Can credit cards be accepted or do we need to bring large amounts of cash?

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
do you guys even still deal with gun safes here in e.rochester? I swear i had heard that none come through there any more, and it was just non-gun safes locally.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts