1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Doc. Can you send to SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I believe this falls into the realm of urban legend. It is all over Facebook, attributed to about 500 different school districts.
I do not believe for one minute that a school would send home a note asking for the parents political affiliation, much less guns.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nothing here, move along.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I pass by that school quite regularly. It will be interesting to see if it's for real or not. If it is, and I was a parent of a child there, I want to to know why the teacher/administrator wanted to have this survey done.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Found this statement on Onetora's Facebook Page:

We have recently gotten several inquiries about a gun ownership survey reportedly being administered by the Onteora Central School District. This is FALSE. The district has not initiated any gun ownership survey. This is a rumor. We are in the process of trying to find the rumor's origins so we can try to circumvent the misinformation from spreading further. Unfortunately, it is being spread quickly via social media channels on sites encouraging people to contact the school to complain. Inquiries from across the state are being made. The photo of the reported survey being shared has nothing stating it came from the Onteora Central School District. Please help us diffuse this rumor by sharing this statement. We appreciate your assistance in clearing up this unfortunate rumor.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Uh oh. I have a feeling I am going to be sent to the principal's office for this one! As mentioned by others in other threads, the sad thing is that this is definitely in the realm of possibility given the political climate and assault on 2nd amendment rights. Sorry gang for getting caught with my pants down.(No comments about the pants thing please);)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Before reading that it was not from the school, I would have guessed that it was part of a statistics class. The form isn't asking for any names or personal information so what is everyone afraid of? That our youth may actually develop the skills to prove to themselves that Cuomo is lying to them?

Beats the boring a$$ questions that I came up with way back when.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Its believable because there is a crap storm of nonsense just like this coming from all levels of society where the government has influence, which is to say 'everywhere'! If I were raising kids today I would make every sacrifice possible to keep them from a public school indoctrination, er, education(?)!!! I'm not sure my way would be effective in the face of the avalanche of stupidity being force fed kids today.
Robin

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Question -

Who does everyone think did this? It seems to be a scare tactic, but is it a pro 2a person, or an anti that created it, and why? (no wrong answers here, this is an opinion question)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Somebody's stirring the pot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.