New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senators who voted to support NY UNSAFE ACT by funding it in the NYS Budget - all but the one absent and the 3 excused - call your senator today and ask why!!!! especially if they stood up at a rally and said I did not support the bill - well, how quickly they forget because now they funded it!
VOTE: FLOOR VOTE: - Mar 27, 2013

Ayes (56): Adams, Addabbo, Avella, Ball, Bonacic, Boyle, Breslin, ...Carlucci, DeFrancisco, Dilan, Farley, Flanagan, Fuschillo, Gianaris, Gipson, Golden, Griffo, Grisanti, Hassell-Thomps, Hoylman, Kennedy, Klein, Krueger, Lanza, Larkin, Latimer, LaValle, Libous, Little, Marcellino, Marchione, Martins, Maziarz, Montgomery, Nozzolio, O'Brien, O'Mara, Peralta, Perkins, Ranzenhofer, Ritchie, Rivera, Robach, Sanders, Savino, Serrano, Seward, Skelos, Smith, Squadron, Stavisky, Stewart-Cousin, Tkaczyk, Valesky, Young, Zeldin
Nays (3): Espaillat, Parker, Sampson
Absent (1): Gallivan
Excused (3): Diaz, Felder, Hannon

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
This would have been a great way to screw Cuomo's plan, but they dropped the ball.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not sure we should be so quick to hang the senators who voted for the budget...but, opposed the SAFE Act...at least not until we hear their side of the issue. Unfortunately, there is more to Albany politics than just the gun debate...I have spoken to several of them personally and I think they are working to help us. Give it a little time to play out...funding will be academic if the law is ruled unconstitutional.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not sure we should be so quick to hang the senators who voted for the budget...but, opposed the SAFE Act...at least not until we hear their side of the issue. Unfortunately, there is more to Albany politics than just the gun debate...I have spoken to several of them personally and I think they are working to help us. Give it a little time to play out...funding will be academic if the law is ruled unconstitutional.

My 2 cents...
Agree. The 10rd magazine thing isn't necessarily bad. The only reason we actually liked it was because of the increased likelihood of injunctive relief. We've made the emperor admit that even he can make mistakes.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Apparently they're voting on the budget as an entire package... some stuff they support, other items they don't - but none-the-less they vote for it as an all or nothing deal.

I like John DeFrancisco - but these guys gotta think outside of the box a bit more...

On 3/26/2013 12:22 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Dear Mr. Nessman:

This is to acknowledge your email regarding the $350 rebate proposal in the State budget. I will continue to fight for what's right. We vote on ten budget bills which make up the entire State budget. We don't have separate bills for every budget item. In these ten bills there are things that I like and those that I don't. However, on balance this a good budget and I will be voting for each of the ten bills. Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact my office any time I can be of assistance to you.

Very truly yours,
John A. DeFrancisco
State Senator

To: [email protected]
Date: 03/25/2013 12:37 PM
Subject: [NYsenate.gov Contact] $350 Tax Rebate Checks
Sent by: [email protected]

John A. DeFrancisco, Anonymous user "Nessman" has sent you a message via your contact form (John A. DeFrancisco's Contact Information | New York State Senate) at New York State Senate.

Address: 123 Your Mamas Street
Your Mamas Town

Phone: 315-666-6969

Email: [email protected]

Related Issues: Budget

Voting: Registered at this Address

My vote is NOT for sale!!

Please vote against any 2013-2014 budget provision that authorizes these so called $350 "tax rebate" checks to be mailed out to taxpayers a few weeks before the November 2014 elections. Albany is corrupt enough as it is.

This thinly veiled gimmick just underscores how desperate Governor Cuomo, the Assembly Democrats and the RINO's in the Senate really are in face of crumbling poll numbers after passing the SAFE Act. You're one of the good guys. You voted against the SAFE Act and for that you have my gratitude. I expect you'll continue to fight for what's right in this state.

Thank you.
Nessman
Syracuse, NY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts