New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Too late, he voted to pass it, now he can deal with the fall out. Hopefully he is voted out of office so he never gets another chance to screw NYS citizens again..

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
yup, too bad, you shouldn't take your job so lightly and atleast refuse to vote one way or the other so you know what your actually vote on.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I think many are now concerned about what they did and rightly so. We all know the way it was done that many if not almost all had no idea what they were signing into law. This doesn't excuse them in fact is shows us how ill prepared they were to do the job given them. They should have demanded the time to read what they were passing and not rubber stamp what the govrnor wanted. We need representatives who care enough about their jobs to research the topic and make informed descisions. The next crop will be more carefull because they know were watching them.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
They not only caused a lot of grief and anxiety for NY'ers but fiinancial burdens and losses. In 5 seconds of reading i could count multiple ways that it violates the 2a. He is back peddling.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
All it means is that he has taken a $*** load of heat over his vote and he is trying to save face with the enormous backlash he is getting in Suffolk. Now he see's the err of his ways??????? He is only the first one to publically come out and say it, I'm sure there will be more!

Want to help, send him a email and thank him, ask him to pressure the Suffolk County Legislature to pass a Resolution against the NY Safe Act. If he truely had a change of heart and wants to keep his job he better become the poster boy for 2A rights!

[email protected]
If Suffolk passed a Resolution it would tip NYS Counties past 50%

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
You can't just ram this thing through and then have a "change of heart." Words are meaningless if they're not supported by actions.

Show us you really did have a change of heart Mr. Boyle.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Really? I mean I am glad he is on our side now, but... To me it feels like this guy decided to blow up my house, but has since changed his mind and decided to donate a 2x4 to help rebuild. I know its a strange comparison but that's how I see it.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
All it means is that he has taken a $*** load of heat over his vote and he is trying to save face with the enormous backlash he is getting in Suffolk. Now he see's the err of his ways??????? He is only the first one to publically come out and say it, I'm sure there will be more!

Want to help, send him a email and thank him, ask him to pressure the Suffolk County Legislature to pass a Resolution against the NY Safe Act. If he truely had a change of heart and wants to keep his job he better become the poster boy for 2A rights!

[email protected]
If Suffolk passed a Resolution it would tip NYS Counties past 50%
I applaud him for having the balls to admit he was wrong for voting so hastily. That being said, he and others that voted for SAFE still need to go. This cost me $$$$$ and cause a lot angst. I won't forget who's who in this mess and I'm going to be sure that everyone I know knows it regardless of whether they are pro or anti gun. Our representatives either can't or won't take the time to read what they vote for. We need more mental capacity than that. I wouldn't accept that behavior from a first grader.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Really? I mean I am glad he is on our side now, but... To me it feels like this guy decided to blow up my house, but has since changed his mind and decided to donate a 2x4 to help rebuild. I know its a strange comparison but that's how I see it.
Yup. And no, he isn't on our side. If he were, it would have been from the beginning when he would have realized that, no, there is no need for a message of necessity and moved to reject it. Or at the very least, voted no. He should still lose his seat.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
hey people..the dude is publicly stating he made a mistake. Now looking at this practically, I say we all email him to push an anti safeAct resolution for Suffolk Co. so we can add that county in the green. One more senator on our side no matter what his mistakes or motives are, is more ammo to paint the map the color we want. What say you?

Lets put him to the test shall we?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
hey people..the dude is publicly stating he made a mistake. Now looking at this practically, I say we all email him to push an anti safeAct resolution for Suffolk Co. so we can add that county in the green. One more senator on our side no matter what his mistakes or motives are, is more ammo to paint the map the color we want. What say you?

Lets put him to the test shall we?
[email protected]

·
Registered
678 Posts
Absolutely Best News to Date.

I've been saying this for weeks now. They are second guessing their vote amongst themselves.

The repercussions are beyond what they expected (they expected some backlash) and where willing to accept a degree of "political collateral damage" but they had no idea the people would rise against them in such force.

I've been writing my county representatives and putting pressure on them so they in-turn put pressure on the State Representatives. Basically I'm implying they have a major problem within their republican party due to a loss of a huge block off voters.

Too bad, he dug his grave and in my eyes he's nothing but a politcial whore who sold his sole to King Cuomo.

Once a commie always a commie

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Absolutely Best News to Date.

I've been saying this for weeks now. They are second guessing their vote amongst themselves.

The repercussions are beyond what they expected (they expected some backlash) and where willing to accept a degree of "political collateral damage" but they had no idea the people would rise against them in such force.

I've been writing my county representatives and putting pressure on them so they in-turn put pressure on the State Representatives. Basically I'm implying they have a major problem within their republican party due to a loss of a huge block off voters.

Too bad, he dug his grave and in my eyes he's nothing but a politcial whore who sold his sole to King Cuomo.

Once a commie always a commie
Maybe so. So how do you propose repealing SafeAct if all are intolerant of anyone changing their mind? There is going to have to be a lot of mind changing to repeal. We should show support for their decision as a political move.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Although I would not throw Senator Boyle a party, it is good to see that the message of the "vocal minority" is having some positive effects.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Maybe so. So how do you propose repealing SafeAct if all are intolerant of anyone changing their mind? There is going to have to be a lot of mind changing to repeal. We should show support for their decision as a political move.
I doubt this law will be repealed. I'd love to see that happen, but I don't think it will.

As for Senators and Assembly member changing their minds. I'm not with them. What makes you think they won't sell their whore vote next time? They are all self-serving and the ONLY reason he changed his mind is because he sees the writing on the wall.

Politicians fear one thing only, getting re-elected. His change of mind is not for us it's for his re-election. He could careless about the Bill of Rights.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts