New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senator Spotlight:
David J. Valesky (D) 53th District:

Senator Valesky shocked the upstate community by hastily supporting Cuomo's infringing and flawed NYSAFE Act. In response to his decision, he offered this comment:

"The vote in January is what it is now," Valesky said to faint echoes of the rally outside. "I understand people aren't happy with the way I voted. I think the important thing is moving forward. What's done is done." (Syracuse.com)

Well, quite frankly Mr. Valesky, "what's done" is actually not quite done. We trusted you to represent us; as Onondaga County has passed a resolution against the NYSAFE act, clearly you did not do so. We are not going to simply "move forward" and forget this, although I'm sure that would be what you would like.

Valesky "earned" re-election in 2010 simply due to a lack of an opponent. We cannot let this happen again, especially in the light of the events of January 15th, 2013. Contact CNYGOP (http://www.cnygop.com/page/contact), let them know you pledge your support to a republican candidate who can defeat Valesky come November of 2014. Let's do our part to ensure change! Thank you and God Bless America!

LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

JJM

(As posted at https://www.facebook.com/groups/LibertyandJustice4All/)

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Valesky, Assemblyman Al Stirpe, along with Assemblyman Sam Roberts (who is a hopefully soon-to-be ex member of the Syracuse Pistol Club) should take a long drive together off a short road that ends at a cliff.

· Registered
6,329 Posts
"The vote in January is what it is now," Valesky said to faint echoes of the rally outside. "I understand people aren't happy with the way I voted. I think the important thing is moving forward. What's done is done." (Syracuse.com)
Wow. You guys in his district better find somebody to run against this idiot.

· Registered
32 Posts
i also remember him saying something to the effect: "we dont worry about whether a law is constitutional or not....we let the courts
worry about that"

i am embarrassed to say he is "my" senator......when/if i ever run into him again, i will surely let him know what i think about him
representing my interests

and yes....he ran unopposed......i hope that he will have some one running against him so i can tell him i am NOT voting for him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.