New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to sell either my FN FiveSeven or my PS90, maybe both, to buy a 1911 and free up some funds. Whats the proper process for selling a handgun out of state and having it shipped to a potential buyers FFL. What would I then need to have it removed from my NYS Permit and such.

·
Registered
451 Posts
hmmm.. out of state is a good question. i know in state you need the buyers coupon to remove it and for them to take possesion.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I sold a handgun on gunbroker and my FFL had to ship it for me, he gave me a piece of paper so I could get it removed from my permit.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Pretty sure when you drop it off at your FFL, they will give you a receipt which you take to the county office to have removed from your permit. Just pay your FFL for shipping and probably a fee, and they take care of the rest.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What Huggy and Scott said. I sold a handgun and had a local dealer ship it to the buyers dealer. Got my receipt from the local FFL and had it taken off my permit.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What others have said. Bring to FFL receipt given to pull off your permit and gun gets shipped to buyers FFL.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What others have said. Bring to FFL receipt given to pull off your permit and gun gets shipped to buyers FFL.
If i were to sell it on gunbroker is shipping it out something you are able to do?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yea I could take care if it for you. Give me a call and we can go over the details. It's easy to take care of

·
Registered
171 Posts
So I'm trying to sell either my FN FiveSeven or my PS90, maybe both, to buy a 1911 and free up some funds. Whats the proper process for selling a handgun out of state and having it shipped to a potential buyers FFL. What would I then need to have it removed from my NYS Permit and such.
That 5.7mm ammo can get pricey.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That 5.7mm ammo can get pricey.
It's not super horrible but for what it is and what it does I have way other cost effective options for similar results

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hickok45, of YouTube fame, said they are having trouble putting together a FiveSeven review video because the round won't knock down his steel targets reliably. That surprised me, I thought it was supposed to be so potent. I guess its because it relies on tumbling to do its job, and doesn't have the force to knock down steel.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hickok45, of YouTube fame, said they are having trouble putting together a FiveSeven review video because the round won't knock down his steel targets reliably. That surprised me, I thought it was supposed to be so potent. I guess its because it relies on tumbling to do its job, and doesn't have the force to knock down steel.
Yea i saw that too, he also said its hard to even hear if the round hit the steel or not. Love that guy, wish he was my grandpa lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts