New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about going to the Syracuse gun show this weekend and figure why not bring the revolver ive been trying to sell. Question is what do I do just carry it around and see if someone asks about it? Its awfully big to carry around its a raging judge magnum 6.5". Is it worth lugging it around with me?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I don't know the rules & regulations there in New York, but out here in Washington State if I have any guns to get rid of I'll carry them around while making the rounds with a hand written "For Sale" sign with what I have for sale. Sometimes I'll leave it at a friends table that is set up there to see if they can sell it and flip them a few bucks if they move it.
If you happen to see something you like there you could do a even up trade, trade up & pay them the difference or trade down where they pay you the difference. I've done all three over the years.

Have you listed it here on the Forum in the "For Sale Section", It's free and someone on here might want it and could meet you at the gun show to do the transfer.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Haven't been to the Syracuse show before, but I am going on Sunday. However, at the Rochester one you have to declare guns when you come in, but I think if you have a zip tie in it you can carry it around. The handmade sign advertising your wares seems to be popular.

I think you'll have a better time selling it at the gun show. I might ruffle a few feathers here, but the Judge seems to appeal to the uneducated gunowner (or would-be gunowner), and there are more of those at gun shows than there are on gun forums.

·
Registered
622 Posts
As an exhibitor there let me give you a heads up:
When you go through the gates there'll be a table where they'll check to make sure the gun is clear, and tag it with your info (name & DL#) then you're free to enter the show and troll it around. I'd suggest some sort of sign big enough to be quickly read/scanned by passers by and dealers. Most who do this fail to write large enough or have it obliterated by clothing/slings/reversed/et al. I'd make one with big letters "Raging Judge .454 $XXX." then those interested know what you've got and where you're starting. When you find a buyer: 1) If it's a dealer, they can take possession on the spot and will issue a receipt that you use to have it removed from your licenses. 2) Individual: You're going to have to find a Dealer to facilitate the transfer and most likely that Dealer is going to have to take the gun until the new buyer can have his licenses amended whereby he'll return to the Dealer to finish the transaction (4473 & NICS check) The variance comes in that a few Counties issue purchase coupons ahead of time so the buyer can make his selection and pick it up then and there (again after a 4473 & NICS check)
Next weekend at the Rochester Show, the Monroe County Clerks have an Office there where a Monroe County Resident can have his Licenses amended then & there, again taking possession at that time (after the 4473/NICS check)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waooo it's good i am interested to purchase it just want to see some pics of it can you please share some pics of you revolver . You can pm me and also tell me final price of it plz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts