New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Another newbie here. I need your folks opinions please. My father-in-law has his birthday soon, and I wanted to present a knife to him, as he's a hunter and a big fan of quality knives. Anyways, wanted to ask you folks, which of these 2 knives would you select as a bday present if you were me:
Cold Steel Ak47 Folding Knife Black (black folding knife off e-bay);
AK-47 Field Knife (non-foldable and more expensive).
I'bve picked coldsteel knives as I've read good reviews on them, however if you folks can recommend something better within my budget ($150) I'm open. Also, is there any problem with having these knives shipped to NY?

Thanx!

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I love my benchmade knives. Plenty of options for $150.00. Of he’s a hunter go with a fixed blade for skinning whatever he hunts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice knives but in all honesty for a gift I look around and pick up a hand made Damascus steel knife, they are available in the $100+ range and are more one of kind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a good idea, man. I am not really a knife guy, which you have probably realized based on my post haha
That's why I haven't thought of handmade knives. I've gogled damascus knives just now, and they look really cool, unlike any of those I have seen before, because of that steel. I will research this question and will hopefully find the person to order 1 from before it's time to present a knife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts