New York Firearms Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You're probably the dickhead that arrested me hahaha

seriously, I need to get you in touch with my lawyer (supposedly the top DWI lawyer in the county) and you can educate him on all this detective.

You lose your license for a year if you refuse and I knew I wasn't drunk, buzzed, or anything at all but sober so I had no reason to think otherwise of complying and taking the breathalyzer, which for God knows how many times I've repeated this to you, was faulty both in the field and at the station.

OR

lets go with your theory that I'm concocting some conspiracy story on this board and lying to all of you just to waste my time.

i also see you again didn't even attempt to refute anything I said about your moronic accusations against me. Do you want to try in your next post?

seeiously, if you are a cop (or an attorney) that's freakin scary based on how you have represented yourself in this thread.

this will be my last post to you unless you can try your hardest to address what I previously said about your baseless allegations.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
You're probably the dickhead that arrested me hahaha

seriously, I need to get you in touch with my lawyer (supposedly the top DWI lawyer in the county) and you can educate him on all this detective.

You lose your license for a year if you refuse and I knew I wasn't drunk, buzzed, or anything at all but sober so I had no reason to think otherwise of complying and taking the breathalyzer, which for God knows how many times I've repeated this to you, was faulty both in the field and at the station.

OR

lets go with your theory that I'm concocting some conspiracy story on this board and lying to all of you just to waste my time.

i also see you again didn't even attempt to refute anything I said about your moronic accusations against me. Do you want to try in your next post?

seeiously, if you are a cop (or an attorney) that's freakin scary based on how you have represented yourself in this thread.

this will be my last post to you unless you can try your hardest to address what I previously said about your baseless allegations.
You are just too funny.
Now as it happens cops know NEVER to blow.
Loss of license is a threat, that can be negated by a Judge.
For sure, if I was stopped and PASSED a field sobriety test there is no way on earth I would blow.
Because when you blow, you incriminate yourself. You give them the evidence to convict you.
Which is basically what you have done here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The bottom line here is that you can apply in NC for a target permit and see what happens. Make sure that you disclose everything. Write up explanations for everything include them with your application. If the permit is issued then you can move on to the armed guard stuff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Some of what you said is correct, some is not:

Yes, apply for the permit right away. It takes over a year in Nassau County, so start now.
From my experience, an armed guard can indeed ride in an armored car. There is some grey area in the law about this. Those two licenses are essentially identical - I have both.
MOST of the security companies will NOT hire a "civilian" armed guard - they want only active/retired law enforcement with their own permits. Those who do generally pay much less - they hire civilian armed and armored car guards for as little as $12 an hour, while the LEOs minimum is around $20 and goes to $35+ (I make $35+ an hour). So one has to carefully consider whether they want to spend the time and money to train for a low paying job.
The exception to this is if you land on a City or Federal contract. They pay a Prevailing Wage, and everyone gets the same.

My facility has 70 armed guards working 24/7. Only 15 of them are "civilians", or as the company calls them "professional security guards". They will no longer hire anyone other than LEOs. The civilians guns are issued by the company, but the guards do take them home, as there is no place to secure them at the facility, at the clients discretion. \

A little known fact: While the "carry guard" license is technically only good for to and from work, IF the employer will back you up that you are "on call", it is a full carry. In our case, they do so, because we are a 24/7 minimum staffing contract, so anyone can be called in at any time. Keep your rig and uniform in your locker, you can respond any time from any place. And this is in NYC.

The guard companies do have in house trainers, and in fact my company gives the 8 hour annual at their expense. They also will pay for the 8 hour armed guard annual at a range they have a deal with. However, at this time they do NOT hire or promote armed guards from the non-LEO ranks.
U work for g4s as a bpo?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts