New York Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Lack of accountability? I was arrested for a crime in which they used improper and faulty equipment. I paid well over $10,000 in lawyer fees, 100 hours of community service and classes, etc., all for something in which the premise under which I was arrested for was innacuarate and false.

like the other gentleman, can you please explain how I'm taking a lack of responsibility for these problems?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And I hate to keep replying to just the negative posts but quite frankly, it pisses me off some of the things said here. I'm not sure what part of the story they aren't grasping. I was arrested after a full nights sleep, then arrested by the cops using faulty and inaccurate equipment.

thanks to panzer and scosgt for the further replies.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lack of accountability? I was arrested for a crime in which they used improper and faulty equipment. I paid well over $10,000 in lawyer fees, 100 hours of community service and classes, etc., all for something in which the premise under which I was arrested for was innacuarate and false.

like the other gentleman, can you please explain how I'm taking a lack of responsibility for these problems?
Then you should have taken it to trial.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Then you should have taken it to trial.
Well we all don't have $10,000+ laying around, just so I could get this off my record. Plus I was already years into what I thought was going to be my career and did not want to waste any more money on that incident in my life.

And it wouldn't have been a "trial". The lawyer said he would get it expunged from my record after all of this hit the news and news papers.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Well we all don't have $10,000+ laying around, just so I could get this off my record. Plus I was already years into what I thought was going to be my career and did not want to waste any more money on that incident in my life.

And it wouldn't have been a "trial". The lawyer said he would get it expunged from my record after all of this hit the news and news papers.
You were a drug addict but that was the doctors fault.
You were arrested for DWI and made some kind of plea deal, but that was the fault of the Police.

Seriously Dude.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
You were a drug addict but that was the doctors fault.
You were arrested for DWI and made some kind of plea deal, but that was the fault of the Police.

Seriously Dude.
Are you the resident asshoIe/idiot who can't comprehend things properly or something? I asked numerous times for you to edify how I'm blaming others for my problems. When did I even imply that my addiction was the doctors fault? Can you please point that out to us? I'd love to see it.

And for the umpteenth time, yes, it was the fault of the police for arresting me for using faulty equipment.

i don't know what I did to upset you so much, but calm down. Life's too short to be this upset over what someone writes on a message board.

i can see this is going nowhere now so just forget I asked big guy, ok?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Why does every "I want my pistol permit, but" thread end the exact same? I am truly curious.
It's a great a way to attract people to your board having hostile, accusatory fools make unfounded claims about you! Sure it brings in plenty of members. :seeya:

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Are you the resident asshoIe/idiot who can't comprehend things properly or something? I asked numerous times for you to edify how I'm blaming others for my problems. When did I even imply that my addiction was the doctors fault? Can you please point that out to us? I'd love to see it.

And for the umpteenth time, yes, it was the fault of the police for arresting me for using faulty equipment.

i don't know what I did to upset you so much, but calm down. Life's too short to be this upset over what someone writes on a message board.

i can see this is going nowhere now so just forget I asked big guy, ok?
I know you claim the Police had a faulty breathalyzer, and that may be so.
HOWEVER, before they could ask you to take the test they had to have PROBABLE CAUSE for the arrest.

So while you proclaim your innocence and blame it on them, you leave out:
The grounds for the traffic stop
The behavior the led the Police to test you.
The results of the Field Sobriety Test, which obviously led to the breath test.

How very convenient.

Now I am not saying that everyone who is arrested for DWI is guilty. Far from it. People are in fact acquitted.

But unless you maintain that the Police simply decided to stop you for no reason and test you for no reason and the results were always negative but they lied, there is something very wrong with this story.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Why does every "I want my pistol permit, but" thread end the exact same? I am truly curious.
Because people with problem backgrounds come here, ask the questions, and then become offended and indignant when they do not get the answers they are looking for.

History of drug dependence, coupled with a "history" of alcohol abuse (an arrest is not a conviction, however this is two substance issues with the same person) and we simply told him the truth - instead of blaming the doctor and the police, look inside yourself and don't expect an easy path to a permit in this gulag.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Since you insist on either being purposely deceitful or just don't have the ability to comprehend, I'll repeat myself:

i never blamed the doctor for my problems. When I asked you to point out how I did, you failed to address that point . "How convenient".

as to your question, I had a rear tail light that I did not know was not working (as I stated but you failed to comprehend, or again are purposely lying) and was pulled over. The officer asked a series of normal questions and when he asked if I had anything to drink I told him I did the night before. Again, as I said, I passed the field sobriety test with no problems (again, as I said, so either stop lying or try comprehending what you read better). The FAULTY EQUIPMENT used led to my arrest. There is no history of alcohol abuse, because like I pointed out, your comprehension skills (or purposely being deceitful) I said I have a drink maybe once a year. So you are either lying or lack comprehension skills.

and yes, I posted the information about myself so hopefully I could receive accurate and intelligent answers, not holier than though idiots making accusations about me that are completely unfounded. We are going around in circles and I suppose you have the time to do that but I dont. If you think I am blaming the doctor as you repeated now twice, and I asked you to point out just where that occurred (and you obviously failed to do so because I never made that claim), keep saying it till your heart's content big guy. Now I have a history of alcohol abuse. Hahaha. Is there any other things you'd like to fabricate about me? Be my guest because this obviously isn't the message board that it seemed to be.

Keep up the good work while I look elsewhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Since you insist on either being purposely deceitful or just don't have the ability to comprehend, I'll repeat myself:

i never blamed the doctor for my problems. When I asked you to point out how I did, you failed to address that point . "How convenient".

as to your question, I had a rear tail light that I did not know was not working (as I stated but you failed to comprehend, or again are purposely lying) and was pulled over. The officer asked a series of normal questions and when he asked if I had anything to drink I told him I did the night before. Again, as I said, I passed the field sobriety test with no problems. The FAULTY EQUIPMENT used led to my arrest. There is no history of alcohol abuse, because like I pointed out, your comprehension skills (or purposely being deceitful) I said I have a drink maybe once a year. So you are either lying or lack comprehension skills.

and yes, I posted the information about myself so hopefully I could receive accurate and intelligent answers, not holier than though idiots making accusations about me that are completely unfounded. We are going around in circles and I suppose you have the time to do that but I dont. If you think I am blaming the doctor as you repeated now twice, and I asked you to point out just where that occurred (and you obviously failed to do so because I never made that claim), keep saying it till your heart's content big guy. Now I have a history of alcohol abuse. Hahaha. Is there any other things you'd like to fabricate about me? Be my guest because this obviously isn't the message board that it seemed to be.

Keep up the good work while I look elsewhere. Thanks!
If you passed the field sobriety test there was no probable cause for arrest.
NEXT.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Poor Mankind. You really don't get it. You need to reassess, look inward, and stop trying to pass blame everywhere else. Your problems are of your own making. Everyone here has tried to give you some good advice in response to what you have posted, but you just keep attacking it because it is not what you want to hear.

Well, guess what? You did things to yourself.

Good luck with your attitude and your approach to blaming everyone else but yourself. That approach is highly unlikely to get you a NY CCW.

Good Luck, and Adios!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ohhhhhh....so police can't give you a breathalyzer even when you pass the field sobriety test? It's a shame my lawyer didn't know that. I'll have him get in touch with you scosgt for advice. I have the all the paperwork from the arrest you dumbass and there was not one fault written on the field sobriety test.

i noticed you failed to address EVERY other point I made about your idiotic accusations.

"How convenient"

Do you want to try again or do you conceed that you were just talking out of your ass?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Another member with problems with comprehension. I have asked multiple times how I'm "blaming others" for my problems but no one seems to want to address that. Please point it out. Really, please point out where I even implied such.

this board is a joke and it's crazy to think people like you have fire arms.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Another member with problems with comprehension. I have asked multiple times how I'm "blaming others" for my problems but no one seems to want to address that. Please point it out. Really, please point out where I even implied such.

this board is a joke and it's crazy to think people like you have fire arms.
At least most of us know it's firearms, not "fire arms"

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The board gets carried away sometimes as do all forums. They are just pointing out the fact that you have two issues that will come up in your background checks. Your fault or not, you are most surely looking at a denial. Some of us, myself included, have had legal issues in the past. Not much you can do except keep yourself out of trouble for an extended period of time. I waited about 10-15 years after my arrest before applying. Resulted in an unrestricted permit.

You can roll the dice and try now or next year-which will probably be a denial. Then if you try again years later they are going to ask why you were denied in the first place. Which is probably going to end up with you guessed it - a denial.

You're best off either waiting a number of years, moving to a different state, or possibly but unlikely a more gun friendly county.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
^^^thank you. A sane a well thought out response and directly answers my questions. I appreciate you not jumping on the band wagon and just being a straight shooter (lol)

Most of the information I received in this thread will not apply though because I will most likely be returning to the white collar side in a different area.

well, it's been fun everybody!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Ohhhhhh....so police can't give you a breathalyzer even when you pass the field sobriety test? It's a shame my lawyer didn't know that. I'll have him get in touch with you scosgt for advice. I have the all the paperwork from the arrest you dumbass and there was not one fault written on the field sobriety test.

i noticed you failed to address EVERY other point I made about your idiotic accusations.

"How convenient"

Do you want to try again or do you conceed that you were just talking out of your ass?
Since I have worked many DWI cases, I can tell you that a person who passes a field sobriety test and is still asked to take a breathalyzer:

1. Should have refused. Let the lawyers fight it out as to probable cause.
2. Should have had a good lawyer who would have had it dismissed as there was a lack of probable cause for the arrest.
3. Should have taken it to trial and let the jury laugh the case out of Court. A person who passes the field sobriety test and is then arrested for DWI has been FALSELY arrested.

OR

There is stuff you have said that is not 100% true.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts