New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a 60 Minutes interview, a SEAL Team 6 member who fired at a subject alleged to be Osama Bin Laden, said that he did not recognize the subject as being Bin Laden.

Earlier this year, in response to an open records request, the Pentagon told the Associated Press it could not locate any photographs or video taken during the raid or showing Bin Laden's body. It also said it could not find any images of Bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken. The Pentagon also said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for Bin Laden.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Idk about all the rest of that, but after you shoot a dude twice in the face I don't think you are gonna recognize him.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He didnt recognize him before he shot him . said he had a black beard and appeared much younger

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no kidding ...??
almost like Bin laden missed his excecution , eh ..?
Oh Im sure Bin laden was there for his excecution, about 14 years ago

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not necessarily taking sides in this but my father in law said he's performed CPR on victims all the way to the hospital inches away from them in the ambulance and after they took them inside he doesn't think he could pick them out of a lineup.

When you're amped up and doing your job your focus is different.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a hard time beleiveing the Navy Seals The Delta Force , the Green berets, The SAS ,MI6, The Mossad, The CIA, The FBI, countless spys and moles, satellite imagery, drones , countless recon teams , could not find Osamma Bin Laden for ten years. I dont believe he lasted 10 weeks, and thats giveing him more credit then he deserves . These men are the top professionals in thier field I have no doubt in my mind that they got em a long time ago , Nobodys that good. These men failed?? For 10 years??? Im supposed to believe that? I dont think so . Ive met a few Spec op guys in my day, and I find the assertion highly unlikely , These guys are a whole different breed . Ive never seen one tired ,

Supposeing they nailed him in Tora Bora in Dec 01 , You really think the US is going to just pack up and leave after eight weeks? There were other objectives to takeing Afganistan in addition to Bin Laden .

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This forum needs a foil hat filter.
I think it needs a foil hat installer. How come you never question what your told?

Your first assumption is wrong, Your government lies to you .Thats not an opinion, thats a cold hard fact.

Does Bengazi ring any bells? NSA spying, Obamma care? WMDs? Gulf of tonkin?

Why did they parade around the bodies of Saddam Hussien and Kadaffy but nothing exsists for Osamma bin laden ?? Why is that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
with holdover, this was one of the events that got me really questioning the transparency of the government.

we got osama, no we didnt take pictures and we dumped him off a boat, but trust me his dead. im not buying it

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The same man wrote in his book that as soon as O/B showed himself, he was instantly shot. How would you know, in a glimpse, from a staircase, that it wasn't him? ... Through NOD's?

And if you didn't recognize him even AFTER he was shot in the face (what a shocker), why would you comment on his beard color, or his apparent age? What about the most obvious characteristic, his height? At over 6 foot, O/B was one of few. If Owen had said ''I didn't think it was him because the corpse was 5'5'', okay, that makes sense.

I think Mr. Owen is full of **** in this particular interview.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We just dont know with 100% certainty , because the supposed evidence and proof was dumped in the ocean. for all the trouble he caused us, ya think that he would have been stuffed and mounted in the white house foyer.

I have no problem if it happened like they say it did, if they would just show the proof , but there is no proof other than, we say it happened like this , so it happened like this , Now go watch the game . Anyone asking questions is an idiot , pay him no mind hes crazy.

But scandel after scandel lie after lie , I have to ask . The whole deal is shady , dead Seals , missing corpe'es , lack and loss of records , neghibors disputeing what happened , fake pics released on the night of shooting ,who had the time to do that that night? The Pentagon said it could not find any images of Bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken. The Pentagon also said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for Bin Laden. the fact that I m forced to believe the best in the world armed with the latest gear failed for ten years . So yeah Im skeptical.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dunno what happened for sure, I wasnt there. 10-15 years ago I might have taken it at face value . But the current regime has about 0.0 credibility in my book. The scandels, the abuse of power, the shting on the constitution ,the corruption, and Im supposed to take thier word for it with out question?

As if its important to them to be fully honest with the people. Id actually feel a lot better if they did pull it off the way they said , It would restore a little credibility to the gov.

But this nonsense of it happened the way we said it did , were not showing anybody anything ,If you challange us , you must be nuts , now move along and forget those crazies is arrogance at its finest .

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The team wouldn't point out the shooter to odumbo at their meeting, but somehow the regime leaked all the names of the team and somehow again..............well, read for your self.
Families of Navy SEALs killed in 2011 attack say government is to blame | Fox News
Fubo!
Robin
We just dont know with 100% certainty , because the supposed evidence and proof was dumped in the ocean. for all the trouble he caused us, ya think that he would have been stuffed and mounted in the white house foyer.

I have no problem if it happened like they say it did, if they would just show the proof , but there is no proof other than, we say it happened like this , so it happened like this , Now go watch the game . Anyone asking questions is an idiot , pay him no mind hes crazy.

But scandel after scandel lie after lie , I have to ask . The whole deal is shady , dead Seals , missing corpe'es , lack and loss of records , neghibors disputeing what happened , fake pics released on the night of shooting ,who had the time to do that that night? The Pentagon said it could not find any images of Bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken. The Pentagon also said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for Bin Laden. the fact that I m forced to believe the best in the world armed with the latest gear failed for ten years . So yeah Im skeptical.
IIRC the original story was that the SEALs killed were not in fact those that carried out the O/B mission. The link in the thread Robin provided, however, says they were. Interesting... But more interesting would be an explanation of how to go about assassinating who are arguably the worlds most bad-ass warriors. Who do you send to do that? Anyone who knows even the slightest bit about DEVGRU knows they're extraordinarily intelligent individuals, arguably geniuses, with obvious skills in warfare.

And if the mission was carried out (or not), and O/B was not killed, why kill SEALs? To cover up what? Doesn't add up. Obviously guys like Owen are still kicking around, writing books and ****. Dunno, I don't buy it.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IIRC the original story was that the SEALs killed were not in fact those that carried out the O/B mission. The link in the thread Robin provided, however, says they were.

Some of them were, but not all. Thats all I got on that.

Interesting... But more interesting would be an explanation of how to go about assassinating who are arguably the worlds most bad-ass warriors. Who do you send to do that? Anyone who knows even the slightest bit about DEVGRU knows they're extraordinarily intelligent individuals, arguably geniuses, with obvious skills in warfare.

No arguement there.

And if the mission was carried out (or not), and O/B was not killed, why kill SEALs? To cover up what? Doesn't add up.

The reason I would think is to tighten up any loose ends, If the president of the United states of America is going on Television with the whole world watching and says he's got OBL , then he better make dam sure Hes got OBL or hes going to look like a stupid fool. and If he knowingly lies to the US people and public about it , thier going to want to know why the hell he lied about it in the first place. and If what I suspect is true , the president was fully aware Obl was dead. But OBL has to die at some point and it cant be from natural causes if the lie was to work , because the body has been long since buried or never recovered to begin with .

The point Im trying to make is that OBL was used as a boogie man in the war on terror . Had they released news of his death in 2001 what would be the reason to keep the war going in afganistan? yeahhh we won we got em ,lets go home. why are we there in the first place?? To get OBL .

My contention is that they kept OBL ""alive"" so to speak ,until they were ready to move on . And that the Seal teams that went on the final raid would have known without a doubt that it was not Bin Laden, and yet the President of the US is telling everybody that it was and he has some secret proof that he cant show anyone. The Seals being patriotic Americans as they are were not going to stand for this , and would spill the beans as soon as they had the opprotunity to do so , contract and clearences be dammed they were going to tell the world that the president was full of sht , some died some were discredited , others tried to tell the tale but nobody was there to listen due to security reasons with the media.

I believe bin ladens death was a pawn in the war on terror and needed to be played at the right time. And one of the main reasons I belive that is that Osama bin laden would have had to evade ground sensors ,satellites, drones , spys ,recon teams, and the best the world could throw at him 24 hours a day 7 days a week. those guys are about as close being human terminators as you can get without actually being a robot. I highly doubt That given all the assets they were given, they came up with a blank and failed in thier mission for ten years . No way . OBL never left tora bora in my opinion .

Everything else that came after was psy-op used to decive the people into continueing the war with a clear purpose. Now had they documented the event like they were supposed to and had corrobrorateing evidence to support the claim I would have to accept the the evidence as factual .

But ""I say so"" , isnt good in any court of law , and ""I say so"" isnt good enough for me , unless the government had impeccable credibility like it used to have. and therein lies the heart of the problem , the credibility of known liars.

Maybe ya think Im a little off my rocker , but these are the same SOB's who hoaxed the Gulf of Tonkin incident and cost 58,000 Americans thier lives.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Here we go again ..... I would LOVE to call people "conspiracy THEORISTS" ... the only issue I have with that now is ... THEY'VE BEEN RIGHT!!! I do remember that ALL of the news companies were reporting that he had kidney issues and some sort of disease and that they had received reports that he did indeed die .. that was like 7 or 8 years ago .... did he die twice?? Hard saying never knowing and .. well .. the evidence was just dumped in the sea afterall. This is why America is no longer ... no truth comes from the govt .... EVER!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That video was snipped, clipped and spliced from the original 60 Minutes show to make it sound like they weren't sure it was Bin Laden. Watch the entire video and you'll see they were sure it was him. It's 42 minutes long but well worth watching the entire show but if you jump to about 23 or so minutes and watch from there on you'll see there was no question it was Bin Laden.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Well to me I'm convinced because Al Qaeda admits that he was killed by the US raid. When your arch enemy admits what your government claims, that one you can believe. All else, I don't trust anything they say. Our government I mean.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I certainly don't think you're off your rocker, but I do think you'd be surprised how often our various elite forces were not given permission to carry out missions and plans that had good probability of taking out UBL early on. Several interviews with Delta commanders confirmed that opportunities were missed, many due to high probability of civilian casualties, others for unknown reasons.

I'm a firm believer in checks and balances, but sometimes in order to catch the criminal, you need to let the dog off it's leash... Because the guy walking him can't keep up.

Truth is, we'll probably never know for sure. Just like 9/11. Just like Bengazi. Just like a lot of **** lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts