New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has already started to plan for the upcoming deer seasons and what they have been and or will use gun wise for the zone they hunt?
The state has opened up a couple more zones to rifle this year as well as that of crossbow.
I am not a huge fan of crossbow hunting unless you have a disability.

I myself normally use shotgun where I live as we are restricted, but at our camp I will use a .308 and also my .223 for deer and or bear.

Would love to see images of deer people are seeing on their trail cams.

· Registered
859 Posts
I go down towards Livonia and spent last weekend getting stands set up and maintained. I will be using either my muzzle loader or my trusty 1100 to try and hang this one on the wall. :)
Plant Tree Natural landscape Sky Wood

· Registered
77 Posts
yeah... we are getting ready for our first rifle season in chautauqua county... pulled the weatherby mark v in 300 wb mag out... I got it from my dad years ago and had never fired it... never had a reason to... my father-in-law's taking out his winchester 94...

I have another video uploading now showing the first deer blind of the season going in.... and we put a tree stand up a couple of weeks back for my cousin to come out during bow season... so yeah we're getting ready...

finished uploading

· I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
My scouting and season prep started weeks ago with trail clearing and food plot installation. The food plot is coming in great and I hope to get a few hunts on film this year.

I hunt with bow and muzzleloader.

CarpenterHunts's Channel - YouTube

· Registered
3,423 Posts
Bow and rifle/shotgun here ... depending on location .... a couple of deer on the list this year .... an ok 8 and a spike that has spikes about 14 inches and little forks on top .... I THINK he is the same one from the past 2 years .... if so those genetics should be removed ... if he is in fact a young buck .... well then he can stay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.