New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
I <3 my Vortex Viper PST.

Also look into SWFA, some of the higher-end Burris, Leupold, and if budget allows, Nightforce, S&B, etc...

· Registered
1,701 Posts
For the $300 price they are fixed. Also SS just came out with a new reticle. SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope

I would purchase the new Mil / Mil one instead of the Mildot reticle. Here is some info about that if you aren't familiar. FFP - Mil/Mil -MOA/MRAD - The Optics Talk Forums

I run a 10x SS on my bull barrel AR15. I love it. (SWFA Riflescopes SWFA SS Rifle Scopes check out the reviews)

I don't know if i'd want to run a 10x for hunting. A 6x might be decent for hunting but not that great for long range.

They do make variable power scopes but they start out at $599.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I plan on using the rifle for hunting and some long range target shooting just to give you an idea for what I am looking to do.
He did say hunting scope,what are you/we talking about then?
He said he was looking for long range shooting as well. I'm not saying the Leupold is a bad scope by any means...just depends on what he is really looking to do.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Well long range sorta means maybe a high power scope,and from what I seen is they may start at 6 power.I like a 3x9 and sometimes wish i had 2x7 for hunting,never would put a scope with a starting power of 6 power for hunting ever....

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the suggestions so far fellas. I'm starting to get more of a handle on what I want. I want to go with a variable zoom scope becauseof the variable ranges I plan on shooting at, either at the bench or in the woods.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.