New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sen Schumer proposes that people on the terror watch list and/or the no fly list be denied on the NICS check. (There are so many lists in the bloated government I can't keep them straight). The problem legally for what looks reasonable superficially is that there is no way to know whether you are on one of those lists, there is no way to appeal being on that list, there is no way to know how one gets on the list, so if you are denied through NICS you have no way of knowing why, therefore no way to appeal the NICS denial. Looks like these lists can include people at some bureaucrats' or politicians' whims.

Ironically, one of the gun control darlings was on the no fly list -- Senator Ted Kennedy. He found out when he was not allowed to get on a plane to fly home when the Senate recessed. Go figure.

· Registered
70 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Brilliant the tsa will have control over my god given rights to defend my life. The same people who cavity search 70 yr old ladies and haven't caught one single terrorist since inception. We have to get this guy a new pair of walking shoes and send him on his way. Him and cuomo can walk down memory lane and remember the days they held office

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Brilliant the tsa will have control over my god given rights to defend my life. The same people who cavity search 70 yr old ladies and haven't caught one single terrorist since inception. We have to get this guy a new pair of walking shoes and send him on his way. Him and cuomo can walk down memory lane and remember the days they held office
It's got nothing to do with the TSA, or the effectiveness, it's another idea Schumer and Cuomo probably cooked up on a round of eighteen holes. In their mind, it would be a quick, easy way to get some people who aren't necessarily criminals or felons blocked from buying a gun. Screaming at a TSA agent won't get you arrested for a felony, but will get you on the no-fly list. I'm sure if they think hard enough, they'll want to bring other lists in, where if your name is on it, you're restricted.
I highly doubt anything like this could ever happen, since, as I already said, it's not a technical 'felony' to be on the no-fly list. It's really not even a felony to be a terror watch list. So I don't know how he'd spin this into a law.

All these lists are pointless and redundant anyway. Take the ammo registry they want as part of SAFE. The idea is to track 'bulk purchasers.' Well, I know a lot of people who buy ammo 1,000+ at a time; and that's just for one caliber they own. So, now you'll have a list of thousands of people. How do you pick out the security threats? It would be like a needle in a haystack. When everyone is on the list, there's no quantifiable way to pick out the 1 or 2 people who may or may not commit a crime. I guess I should more say there's no legal, judicial way to pick out those people, without a whole lot of law bending and profiling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.