New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem Like most if not all Schenectady City Schools are flying their flags today at full staff. The wife drove around and checked and notice that schools were at full staff and businesses at half staff. She called Lincoln elementary and they said that the district tells them what to do. So she called the district and they said that they are waiting for a letter from the government.

As of 2:15pm, the flag was still at full staff. SHAME ON YOU SCHENECTADY CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!

Property Window Sky Building Flag of the united states

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's worse that they need a letter from the "government" to know whether they should fly their flags at half staff. So, I guess bureaucrats call all the shots now ? Ha. Either way it's pretty lame. Hard to believe that most of the kids in the Schenectady schools we either not yet born or too young to remember 9/1/01.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Half-mast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, the school district is following proper protocol. They don't get to decide when to fly at half staff... it has to come from the Governor or the President.

Kudos to someone at Schenectady School District for actually knowing flag protocol.
Actually, the president did call for the flags to be flown at half staff, so the school isn't following protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day

Edited to add: Moving to OT. This isn't firearms related.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yes, flying the American flag, quite unoatriotic.

That good old flag worship pops up again. Quick, somebody get the book and tell others how to show their pride in this country!

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Yes, flying the American flag, quite unoatriotic.

That good old flag worship pops up again. Quick, somebody get the book and tell others how to show their pride in this country!
<sarcasm on> I know, right, it's crazy talk to actually think that a gov't entity should abide by the rules/codes the gov't sets forth. <sarcasm off>

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
<sarcasm on> I know, right, it's crazy talk to actually think that a gov't entity should abide by the rules/codes the gov't sets forth. <sarcasm off>
I certainly know that the rules are crazy talk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.