New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you thought the Sarah Palin debacle was behind us, there's talk of adding Allen West to the GOP ticket.

This is same Allen West who was forced to resign from the Army in disgrace for torturing prisoners.

Recently he was caught lying about the contents of the NDAA, but he loves the flag, and look at that haircut!!

It looks like West is now channeling the spirit of Joe McCarthy, I wonder if he's ready to name names?

Allen West Makes Claim about Democrats in Communist Party 4/10/12 - YouTube

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I want to see Adam West on the ticket!!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I don't' have a big a problem with West as I do a lot of others. Not a single one of them is a true conservative and that's what we need.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't' have a big a problem with West as I do a lot of others. Not a single one of them is a true conservative and that's what we need.
Amen Brother! I'd like to see a 3rd Party! We'll call it the Loyalists Party. It's mission statement (for lack of the right word) will be to stay true and loyal to the constitution first and foremost. As the Founders envisioned it. It's not a living document!

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
That's the only way the albino rino would have a chance of getting my vote.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Romney doesn't stand a chance no matter what he does.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Amen Brother! I'd like to see a 3rd Party! We'll call it the Loyalists Party. It's mission statement (for lack of the right word) will be to stay true and loyal to the constitution first and foremost. As the Founders envisioned it. It's not a living document!
You know "Loyalist" is a problematic term, though, right? The "loyalists" were those loyal to the British Crown, who were excluded from citizenship after 1783 and legally hounded for decades if they didn't flee the continent!

But to stay on topic... I think Romney's chances are grim as hell. I don't understand how the Tea Party made no difference in the selection of candidates (i.e. give social issues a rest and focus on laissez-faire capitalism and personal liberty).

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
West isn't a conservative, that's where the problem lies.

Sarah Palin thinks Allen West would be a great pick for VP, how's that for a testimonial!!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
West isn't a conservative, that's where the problem lies.

Sarah Palin thinks Allen West would be a great pick for VP, how's that for a testimonial!!
None of them are, not even close, not even republican's. I would call most of them moderate liberals.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
But to stay on topic... I think Romney's chances are grim as hell. I don't understand how the Tea Party made no difference in the selection of candidates (i.e. give social issues a rest and focus on laissez-faire capitalism and personal liberty).
The Tea Party did make a difference, as all their candidates were bat-$hit crazy so it was able to narrow the pool down a little bit. There's a difference between being a true conservative and someone who can actually be elected.

I feel that America needs to be slowly weened off of the tit that it sucks (known as the government) similar to a young child, but even slower. Although we'd all love the change to a more conservative approach to government right now, we all know in our hearts that it's not going to happen. So, we take what we can get and hope for better in the next four years, and the four years after that. So I say Romney for now, and someone better next. I feel if we make a huge change, it'll only make things worse. Gradual changes will have the best chance of surviving and will prove to be the changes that make a difference in the long run.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You treat the disease, not the symptoms, otherwise you make no difference "in the long run."

Romney is a symptom of the disease, a vote for him is an endorsement of the status quo.

I say let the GOP go down in flames this election, and start rebuilding a solid foundation from the ashes.

This economy isn't going to change for years to come, and whoever is in charge will get the blame.

A GOP controlled House, Senate and WH is bad news for the GOP, they alone will be blamed for the economy.

Let Obama have 4 more years of running the country into the ditch, only then will folks realize how desperate times truly are.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
You treat the disease, not the symptoms, otherwise you make no difference "in the long run."

Romney is a symptom of the disease, a vote for him is an endorsement of the status quo.

I say let the GOP go down in flames this election, and start rebuilding a solid foundation from the ashes.

This economy isn't going to change for years to come, and whoever is in charge will get the blame.

A GOP controlled House, Senate and WH is bad news for the GOP, they alone will be blamed for the economy.

Let Obama have 4 more years of running the country into the ditch, only then will folks realize how desperate times truly are.
Not in your wildest dreams is letting Ubama have a second term good for anything.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rewarding the GOP Machine for anointing another RINO is just as dangerous as a 2nd Obama term.

How many more lost elections will you tolerate before holding the "leadership" accountable for their actions?

As bad as the current President is, he's going to win come November, and it pains me to say it.

There's less enthusiasm for Romney than there was for McCain in 08', and we know how that worked out.

Focus on winning the local and state elections, and returning the GOP to it's true roots.

That's the only thing "winnable" this election season, and thankfully the delegate process has showed that trend.

The Woolly Mammoths have finally lost control of "their" Party, that's the real story of primary process that's seldom told.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
letting Obama have four more years is like taking a bullet for your enemy and hoping you survive.

Four more years of Obama will be a complete and utter disaster both in terms of the economy and personal freedom.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
letting Obama have four more years is like taking a bullet for your enemy and hoping you survive.

Four more years of Obama will be a complete and utter disaster both in terms of the economy and personal freedom.
You seem to be under the illusion that Romney is different than Obama, he's not.

Romney has an (R) next to his name, that's the ONLY "difference" between the two.

Romney has no problem with NDAA, TARP, endless wars and running the printing presses 24/7.

He's fine with banning "assault" weapons, oh wait, now he's pro-gun and loves the NRA.

Keep believing the rhetoric, Romeny's RECORD is what matters.

Stick a fork in this turkey, he's done in November, Obama's going to crush him.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
You seem to be under the illusion that Romney is different than Obama, he's not.

Romney has an (R) next to his name, that's the ONLY "difference" between the two.

Romney has no problem with NDAA, TARP, endless wars and running the printing presses 24/7.

He's fine with banning "assault" weapons, oh wait, now he's pro-gun and loves the NRA.

Keep believing the rhetoric, Romeny's RECORD is what matters.

Stick a fork in this turkey, he's done in November, Obama's going to crush him.
incorrect, I have no illusion at all. Romney IS OBAMA 2.0, or Obama lite. But I would rather have ANYONE than obama.

I feel that Romney would at least listen to the opposition and make a rational judgment, with Obama you get "I have a transparent administration AS LONG AS EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME"

But I do agree with you, Obama will crush anyone the GOP puts against him, we are F****ed

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
incorrect, I have no illusion at all. Romney IS OBAMA 2.0, or Obama lite. But I would rather have ANYONE than obama.

I feel that Romney would at least listen to the opposition and make a rational judgment, with Obama you get "I have a transparent administration AS LONG AS EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME"

But I do agree with you, Obama will crush anyone the GOP puts against him, we are F****ed
My apologies Jim, you understand the choice we face.

I just can't stomach another RINO after pulling the lever for McCain last time, I can't in good faith do it again for Romney.

Romney's the 2012 GOP version of Mike Dukakis, this fall is going to be a disaster.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
My apologies Jim, you understand the choice we face.

I just can't stomach another RINO after pulling the lever for McCain last time, I can't in good faith do it again for Romney.

Romney's the 2012 GOP version of Mike Dukakis, this fall is going to be a disaster.
We're on the same page, At this point there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Well, if the choice is between shooting yourself in the left foot or right foot, why not write in someone else you support and hope you don't get shot in the foot again in another 4 years?

As it is, unless he screws up even worse, 0bama's got it in the bag, the legislature will, in the mean time, swing right, and we'll have a Republican win in 2016 unless someone does something seriously stupid. If there's a major write-in for someone like Ron Paul, it's likely the RNC is going to take notice, and we may have a chance at improvement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts