New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Land lot Grass Font Groundcover

I really wanted to trash it, or better yet, blast it but I restrained myself. Fair is fair and tolerance is a blessing.

But if somebody else wants to show their tolerance... it's on Canal Road in Adams Basin, probably a SUNY Brockport professor's house!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
glad you didnt trash it, we are better than that. while i share your feelings, it would be nice to take a leak on it, but it would be hypocritical to do anything to it..

but, nothing stopping you from putting a repeal the safe act next to it (as long as its not private property).

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I live right by the basin if the house faces the canal and there isn't a house in front of it I'll put a astorino sign facing their house on the other side of the road. I'm respecting their opinion after all its a free country but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna speak my mind as well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Would love to ask them, what about it makes them safer. I would bet a months salary they haven't a clue about the law other than the name. After all, who could be against something that would make us safer?...lol.

Dream act.
employee free choice act

The list goes on and on

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Is that Pudup's house?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have never seen any but since Nov is fast approaching it would not surprise me.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
this is how we are safer he must have got a copy of the nyst safe act handbook.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i knew it was a matter of time... just need to get more astorino and repeal safe act signs out there now!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah that safe act sure keeps guns out of criminals hands. What an idiot. Whoever's sign that is is probably a person prohibited from owning firearms, so they dont want anyone else having them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Knock on their door and politely explain why they're wrong.

I'm not kidding. Some of the most rabid antis end up being the most likely to turn. I would know, I used to be one of them. Discussions with pro-gun people are what changed me, but these people only "discuss" things in an echo chamber with their liberal friends. Getting through to them really can make a difference on an individual basis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I graduated from Brockport a while back. Fun place back then, but was well on it's way to becoming a bastion of liberal intolerance . I was openly despised by some of the faculty there, as I often publicly called them out on their hypocrisy. Good times.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Looks made of poster board, home made possibly.

Stapled together on the sides...

Won't last through but a few storms.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I can tell by the picture that the sign is too close to the road. Call officer Stompy and get him on it, if he leaves now it ought to be good and dark by the time he gets here.
Robin

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Would love to ask them, what about it makes them safer.
Regardless of why they think the SAFE act makes them safer, the sign sure doesn't. Any crook driving by now has a pretty good idea which house is a gun free zone.

If I was going to start a conversation with them, I'd probably start by explaining that putting up such a sign might not be the wisest thing to do.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Some times you just can't fix stupid, probable a gun owner who thinks the safe act crap is a good thing . Don't forget it's for the children. :mad:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts