New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rochester Personal Defense
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a Savage 220 slug gun for this deer season. I sighted in a friend's last year, it shot well, 2 1/2" @ 100 ds.
But he complained of failures to eject, wth them hanging up in the ejection port.
Anyone out there have experience with it positive or negative?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have one and i've had zero problems with it! my only complaint is its a little rough on the shoulder with 3in mags!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Try the winchester 2-3/4" 385 grn sabot slugs.They shoot very accurate out of my savage and have alot less recoil than the 3" shoulder busters.I've killed deer out to 200 yds with them,but after alot of practice.100 yard 3 shot groups are in the 1-1/2" ball park range.

·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" have one and i've had zero problems with it! my only complaint is its a little rough on the shoulder with 3in mags! "

What ammo are you using?

·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the winchester 2-3/4" 385 grn sabot slugs.They shoot very accurate out of my savage and have alot less recoil than the 3" shoulder busters.I've killed deer out to 200 yds with them,but after alot of practice.100 yard 3 shot groups are in the 1-1/2" ball park range.
Thanks wil do!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ditto. I use the Winchester Partition Golds and have excellent results with them. Very accurate gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts