New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So curious story. Just heard from more than one source that a Saudi man was arrested at Detroit Airport Customs after flying in from Saudi Arabia today after being caught with an entire page ripped out of his passport and lying about the reason he was flying with a pressure cooker. As you know, pressure cookers are what were used at the Boston Marathon Bombings. Seems connected in some way to a terrorist plot.

Why would someone fly in with a device you could buy here? And then claim you cannot buy one in the US? Poor story but an obvious lie.

Man with altered Saudi passport arrested with pressure cooker at Detroit airport - U.S. News

·
Registered
439 Posts
That's just great! I have to fly into Detriot during Memorial Day Weekend and I'm taking a layover. That means TSA will probably molest me twice!!!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
His story is a load of crap. I hope he gets what he deserves if this is indeed tied to another terrorist plot.

All the more reason why citizens should be armed. These men are cowards and they only target the weak (e.g. defenseless).

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
So now it's illegal to cook your own meals on the plane?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
No no no Shooter, he's a Saudi man, therefore there is no why whatsoever he can be connected with any such thing. You are just racist. You should be looking at people with Gadsden flags and carrying 9 rounds instead of 7, How dare you even question such a case?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That's just great! I have to fly into Detriot during Memorial Day Weekend and I'm taking a layover. That means TSA will probably molest me twice!!!
Just don't try to hide a pressure cooker in your a$$ or they'll have to go in after it!!!
Proctological exam anyone???

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I hate that everyone is focusing on the pressure cooker. isn't missing a page from his passport enough? why did they even need to add about the cooker. who cares what it was for, obviously he didn't want someone to see what country he was in.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I totally bought his story. It's a good thing they caught him tho because I probably would have been charged as an accomplice or something.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No no no Shooter, he's a Saudi man, therefore there is no why whatsoever he can be connected with any such thing. You are just racist. You should be looking at people with Gadsden flags and carrying 9 rounds instead of 7, How dare you even question such a case?
Exactly, that is what I posted about in another thread today. They are doing a great job and should continue to focus on Caucasian females aged 7 or 91. They have been the perpetrators of many heinous crimes throughout American history, and we must focus on them. It is highly unlikely that any radical Muslim will do so again, so we must be PC and leave them alone. This pressure cooker was just a fluke. So was the underwear bomber, and the shoe bomber and the Times Square bomber. Oh, wait....nevermind.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I hope the Feds were just downplaying the pressure cooker when they told reporters they were treating this as "a documents case". This just screams dry run to me I hope they downplayed the cooker in order to covertly monitor him. But then again Obama will sacrifice many Americans to be p.c. With his fellow Muslims. The excuse this guy gave for needing to fly in a cooker is so full of it I can smell it through my computer.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
c'mon, this guy is obviously just an idiot ...
or some kinda wanna be terrorista

Successful terrorista's get the real plots from the FBI

DHS Admits Boston Training Drill Involving Backpack Explosives Planned Months Before Marathon

by Anthony Gucciardi
June 10th, 2013
Updated 06/10/2013 at 6:52 pm

The Department of Homeland Security has gone public with an admission that an exercise was planned months before the Boston Marathon bombings that involved backpacks being used to detonate explosives by rogue terrorists.
According to the DHS documents acquired by the Boston Globe, the agents were planning on conducting training exercises centered around a fictitious terrorist group called 'Free America Citizens', a group that would plant backpacks full of explosives around Boston that the detectives would be forced to track down. Ultimately, of course, this ended up happening at the Boston Marathon itself with precise accuracy. The Globe report reads that "the city was hit with a real terrorist attack executed in a frighteningly similar fashion."
And the DHS isn't denying that the training exercise manifested itself at the Boston Marathon, as detailed in the back-end article on the Boston Globe that I discovered while browsing the news.
"The real thing happened before we were able to execute," a Boston police official told the Boston Globe in the report.
The exercise, labeled as "Operation Urban Shield," was funded by a $200,000 Homeland Security grant. It was planned months before the Boston Marathon, and it was scheduled to 'take place' in official capacity this weekend, according to the sources. But the exercise admission lends further credence to the ignored eyewitness account of bomb sniffing dogs and bomb squads running a training exercise during the morning of the Boston Marathon. Was this training exercise part of Operation Urban Shield?

Interestingly, they specifically detailed that this terrorist group (that presumably is based off of 'right wing extremists' and the sovereign citizens movement) would carry a logo of a metal skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat. I'm not claiming there's a relationship, but I find it funny that even their logo matched up with real events from the Boston Marathon bombings. It was in fact the apparent security at the event that was spotted wearing clothing adorning the image of skulls that turned out to be the logo for the Craft International private security firm.
I will be reporting more on Operation Urban Shield as more information becomes available.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Seriously? Why don't they just come out and say it. I'd have more respect for the truth that they just failed than to try to lie and cover it up.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Metro Boston.com
Classifieds:

Search:

Sections

In this section
In this section : Metro
Police response training planned, but bombs hit first
By Maria Cramer | Globe Staff June 08, 2013

The scenario had been carefully planned: A terrorist group prepared to hurt vast numbers of people around Boston would leave backpacks filled with explosives at Faneuil Hall, the Seaport District, and in other towns, spreading waves of panic and fear. Detectives would have to catch the culprits.
Months of painstaking planning had gone into the exercise, dubbed "Operation Urban Shield," meant to train dozens of detectives in the Greater Boston area to work together to thwart a terrorist threat. The hypothetical terrorist group was even given a name: Free America Citizens, a home-grown cadre of militiamen whose logo would be a metal skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat and a furious expression, according to a copy of the plans obtained by the Boston Globe.
But two months before the training exercise was to take place, the city was hit with a real terrorist attack executed in a frighteningly similar fashion. The chaos of the Boston Marathon bombings disrupted plans for the exercise, initially scheduled for this weekend, forcing police to postpone. Now officials must retool aspects of the training.
"The real thing happened before we were able to execute," said a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the planned exercise. "We've already been tested."
This would have been the third year for Urban Shield, a 24-hour federally funded training exercise meant to test the response of police and other public safety personnel in a large-scale emergency, such as a toxic spill or a natural disaster.
'The main goal of this was to arrest as many of the people as possible and absolutely identify where the [supposed] cache of bombs was being kept.'

Last fall, a slew of agencies including Boston police and other police departments, the Coast Guard, and the MBTA joined forces to confront a simulated armed bank robbery in which the robbers were trying to escape with hostages.
For this year's training, the agencies wanted to test the investigative skills of their detectives, as well as their ability to work with detectives in other cities, and share intelligence, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the planned exercise were confidential.
The training, funded by a $200,000 Homeland Security grant, will probably be rescheduled to early next year, said Transit Police Chief Paul MacMillan, whose agency was slated to participate.
He said he anticipates the new training scenario will be similar to the one already planned.
"Why wouldn't we do it?" MacMillan said. "Just because we had one event doesn't mean that we might not have another one. And it behooves us to continually work together to investigate these types of incidents."
Cheryl Fiandaca, spokeswoman for the Boston Police Department, said the agencies had no choice but to postpone this year's Urban Shield.
"The resources and logistics of putting something of this magnitude together in light of what just happened would be challenging," she said. "To put together an exercise that would be a really valuable training and teaching tool we need more time."
Officials from a dozen agencies had been meeting for months to plan the scenario. They behaved much like movie producers, recruiting students from Northeastern University and the Boston Police Academy to play the parts of terrorists and witnesses.
They scouted warehouses and homes around Chelsea and Winthrop that could be used as a terrorist safe house.
The basic plot was this: Half a dozen members of Free America Citizens wanted to gauge police response to a bomb scare. They would plant hoax devices, then stay on the scene to watch and record the bomb squad and detectives as they responded, as a dry run to a larger attack.
The participating detectives, however, would not have known they were being watched. They would only be told that they were responding to an urgent terrorist threat. The goal of the training was for them to figure out the motives of Free America Citizens as they investigated the case, the official said.
The planned exercise has eerie similarities to the police investigation that led to the capture of the alleged Boston Marathon bombers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, whose images were caught on video cameras and who were captured after a car chase and shoot-out with police.
In the training scenario, investigators participating in Urban Shield would have to track down footage of the bombers caught by street surveillance cameras and the phones of "witnesses."
They would have to call on intelligence analysts to figure out which terrorist cell might be threatening the city.
In the scenario, the terrorists would flee police in stolen cars they would dump in cities outside Boston, which would compel detectives from different jurisdictions to cooperate and share intelligence.
One major clue would have been the body of one of the terrorists found near a stolen car, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. There were also false leads to keep investigators guessing, the official said.
"We'd have detectives running ragged," the official said. "The main goal of this was to arrest as many of the people as possible and absolutely identify where the cache of bombs was being kept."
Fiandaca, the police spokeswoman, declined to say what a new training might look like.
"We can't talk about what we're doing for emergency preparedness," she said. "The people who participate in this don't know what the scenario is."
Maria Cramer can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @GlobeMCramer.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Police response training planned, but bombs hit first

By Maria Cramer

| Globe Staff June 08, 2013

The scenario had been carefully planned: A terrorist group prepared to hurt vast numbers of people around Boston would leave backpacks filled with explosives at Faneuil Hall, the Seaport District, and in other towns, spreading waves of panic and fear. Detectives would have to catch the culprits.
Months of painstaking planning had gone into the exercise, dubbed "Operation Urban Shield," meant to train dozens of detectives in the Greater Boston area to work together to thwart a terrorist threat. The hypothetical terrorist group was even given a name: Free America Citizens, a home-grown cadre of militiamen whose logo would be a metal skull wearing an Uncle Sam hat and a furious expression, according to a copy of the plans obtained by the Boston Globe.
But two months before the training exercise was to take place, the city was hit with a real terrorist attack executed in a frighteningly similar fashion. The chaos of the Boston Marathon bombings disrupted plans for the exercise, initially scheduled for this weekend, forcing police to postpone. Now officials must retool aspects of the training.
"The real thing happened before we were able to execute," said a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the planned exercise. "We've already been tested."
This would have been the third year for Urban Shield, a 24-hour federally funded training exercise meant to test the response of police and other public safety personnel in a large-scale emergency, such as a toxic spill or a natural disaster.
'The main goal of this was to arrest as many of the people as possible and absolutely identify where the [supposed] cache of bombs was being kept.'

Last fall, a slew of agencies including Boston police and other police departments, the Coast Guard, and the MBTA joined forces to confront a simulated armed bank robbery in which the robbers were trying to escape with hostages.
For this year's training, the agencies wanted to test the investigative skills of their detectives, as well as their ability to work with detectives in other cities, and share intelligence, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the planned exercise were confidential.
The training, funded by a $200,000 Homeland Security grant, will probably be rescheduled to early next year, said Transit Police Chief Paul MacMillan, whose agency was slated to participate.
He said he anticipates the new training scenario will be similar to the one already planned.
"Why wouldn't we do it?" MacMillan said. "Just because we had one event doesn't mean that we might not have another one. And it behooves us to continually work together to investigate these types of incidents."
Cheryl Fiandaca, spokeswoman for the Boston Police Department, said the agencies had no choice but to postpone this year's Urban Shield.
"The resources and logistics of putting something of this magnitude together in light of what just happened would be challenging," she said. "To put together an exercise that would be a really valuable training and teaching tool we need more time."
Officials from a dozen agencies had been meeting for months to plan the scenario. They behaved much like movie producers, recruiting students from Northeastern University and the Boston Police Academy to play the parts of terrorists and witnesses.
They scouted warehouses and homes around Chelsea and Winthrop that could be used as a terrorist safe house.
The basic plot was this: Half a dozen members of Free America Citizens wanted to gauge police response to a bomb scare. They would plant hoax devices, then stay on the scene to watch and record the bomb squad and detectives as they responded, as a dry run to a larger attack.
The participating detectives, however, would not have known they were being watched. They would only be told that they were responding to an urgent terrorist threat. The goal of the training was for them to figure out the motives of Free America Citizens as they investigated the case, the official said.
The planned exercise has eerie similarities to the police investigation that led to the capture of the alleged Boston Marathon bombers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, whose images were caught on video cameras and who were captured after a car chase and shoot-out with police.
In the training scenario, investigators participating in Urban Shield would have to track down footage of the bombers caught by street surveillance cameras and the phones of "witnesses."
They would have to call on intelligence analysts to figure out which terrorist cell might be threatening the city.
In the scenario, the terrorists would flee police in stolen cars they would dump in cities outside Boston, which would compel detectives from different jurisdictions to cooperate and share intelligence.
One major clue would have been the body of one of the terrorists found near a stolen car, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. There were also false leads to keep investigators guessing, the official said.
"We'd have detectives running ragged," the official said. "The main goal of this was to arrest as many of the people as possible and absolutely identify where the cache of bombs was being kept."
Fiandaca, the police spokeswoman, declined to say what a new training might look like.
"We can't talk about what we're doing for emergency preparedness," she said. "The people who participate in this don't know what the scenario is."
Maria Cramer can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @GlobeMCramer.

• Print

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
They are doing a great job and should continue to focus on Caucasian females aged 7 or 91. They have been the perpetrators of many heinous crimes throughout American history, and we must focus on them.
Oh man, I am a middle aged white guy, 2 kids, married 21 years, stable professional, legal gun owner, law abiding citizen....I'M SO FUC$ED!

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh man, I am a middle aged white guy, 2 kids, married 21 years, stable professional, legal gun owner, law abiding citizen....I'M SO FUC$ED!
You and me both Doc. It's ok, we will have our revenge.....

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
So what am I with all that and three kids? A terrorist cell? And we all went shooting today, took out a bunch of jugs filled with water using multiple calibers. Ya know, for training purposes. :-/

I'm sure that Saudi guy read a post on here where someone mentioned pressure cookers will be banned next. We are a fountain of knowledge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts