New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time for toga again! come on down guys saratoga is one of the best shows in the area. saturday 9-5 sunday 9-3. i look forward to seeing dieter, and my usuals. stop by and pick up something. ill be at the tables right in front of the door.

· Registered
4,629 Posts
I should be there one day at least been getting alot of OT at work (that time of the year) but it's what pays for all this! Plus I'm starting to look for a ANNIE for next years rimfire league since I got bumped up in class.

· Registered
14 Posts
I think i might take the drive and check this out. This would actually be my first show, any idea on how much cheaper you can get an aimpoint pro or simmilar quality optics for? Is it worth the 2 1/2 hour drive for me?

· Registered
1,758 Posts
I'll be turkey hunting!

· Registered
214 Posts
Thanks. Thats farther than i want to travel for the little i have to spend on gun stuff now. If anyone comes across a SKS fixed 20rnd Chinese mag there for a reasonable price ($50 or less) and wants to make a few bucks grab one and let me know.

· Registered
19 Posts
Is there a point to going to gun shows to buy a gun any more? Besides just being able to browse few hundred guns all in one place. The bargains are not there any more.But its my opinion. I do go to them but with the same idea as going to the museum, just to look.

· Registered
349 Posts
You dont need to be an FFL holder to be a vendor and rent a table. And theres more and more collectors selling now. Most of the time its over priced junk. But sometimes you can find a decent deal. If anyones in the market for an AK or AR they have plenty at decent prices

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when i go to a gunshow as a buyer i mainly look for good deals on accesories, or random odds and ends that i normally dont see. but most of the time im stuck behind a table wanting to choke every 15 year old that wants to drool over and fondle any gun they saw in a movie or in call of doooty, and arguing with idiots who try to tell me how they know so much about the awb. :err: But for the most part i love the shows. i get to spend 3 days hanging out with like minded people, play with all sorts of toys, and every now and then i find a good deal.

· Registered
390 Posts
Went to the Saratoga Arms Fair today - decent show, even though I showed up about 90 minutes before closing up, and a number of people were already starting to box things up. Ran into a couple of friends who had purchased some 'pre-ban' ar-15 mags. Unfortunately, these are brand new, A.S.C. magazines with no date stamping at all. But, as per more than one sales person, they are pre-ban because 'unmarked magazines means they are pre-ban, as they didnt start stamping until just before the A.W.B. took hold'. Oh, and another gem is that "they are made from pre-ban molds, so they are pre-bans'.

Understand, I am NO expert - but undated, brand new, pre-ban mags will NEVER cost you 15 bucks each in today's market. Just doesnt seem possible. I know that there are alot of questions regarding legality of magazines, but hell, A.S.C. wasnt even in existence before the Assault Weapons Ban took place, so how can they be pre-bans? Am I missing something, or was there simply a couple of people there spewing misinformation (that never happens, does it???). It just hurts when newbies (myself included) are fed a full line of crap, when you are sitting looking to buy from someone who should really care a little more about fellow 'Pro 2-a' folks...

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Went to the Saratoga Arms Fair today - decent show, even though I showed up about 90 minutes before closing up, and a number of people were already starting to box things up. Ran into a couple of friends who had purchased some 'pre-ban' ar-15 mags. Unfortunately, these are brand new, A.S.C. magazines with no date stamping at all. But, as per more than one sales person, they are pre-ban because 'unmarked magazines means they are pre-ban, as they didnt start stamping until just before the A.W.B. took hold'. Oh, and another gem is that "they are made from pre-ban molds, so they are pre-bans'.

Understand, I am NO expert - but undated, brand new, pre-ban mags will NEVER cost you 15 bucks each in today's market. Just doesnt seem possible. I know that there are alot of questions regarding legality of magazines, but hell, A.S.C. wasnt even in existence before the Assault Weapons Ban took place, so how can they be pre-bans? Am I missing something, or was there simply a couple of people there spewing misinformation (that never happens, does it???). It just hurts when newbies (myself included) are fed a full line of crap, when you are sitting looking to buy from someone who should really care a little more about fellow 'Pro 2-a' folks...
Be CAREFUL!! My friend bought mags for a box marked PRE-BAN in big letters from a female vendor at the Middletown show. When he showed them to me and I researched them, (on NYfirearms and elsewhere) NO GOOD, CLEARLY POST BAN MAGS!! I told him to crush them into little pieces. He did Immediately. Do not EVER trust people at a gun show, it could cost you your freedom and your right to bear arms. They just care about making money with no regard to what might happen to the buyer. Not ALL vendors are bad people, obviously. We have some folks on here that sell at gun shows, introduce your friends to them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.