New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. i was wondering if someone not in the club could do IDPA there? i really wanna join but there are no openings. i am getting a VP9 and was gonna use that.. i really wanna be apart of this club but right now i cant:( so i was hoping atleast to shoot IDPA for fun... THANKS

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
IDPA is open to no-members it is Thursday evenings (around 7:00 ?) But there is a IDPA safety class that is required before you can participate, I would suggest stopping bye a few nights (bring eye/ear protection!) and met some of the guys and see if you can get into the next class! As far as membership this may help you as there is a possibility that new members my need a sponsor in the future as openings come available.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Non-memebers are allowed but you have to take the IDPA Safety Class. I shoot IDPA in late fall through early spring. I don't get up there much in the summer with my work schedule. I would suggest emailing Gerard at [email protected]. Find out when they are having a safety class.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Non-memebers are allowed but you have to take the IDPA Safety Class. I shoot IDPA in late fall through early spring. I don't get up there much in the summer with my work schedule. I would suggest emailing Gerard at [email protected]. Find out when they are having a safety class.
Gerard is no longer running IDPA but he can point you in the right direction for the next safety course. It's pretty basic - You need to print out a packet (test) and read the IDPA handbook (also print-able, found online in PDF too) and bring it to class filled out. You review the test, then shoot a basic round of IDPA. After that, you're free to come to any practice nights.

Practice nights are Thursdays from 7pm-10pm. No obligation to stay the whole time if your schedule doesn't allow it. Several guys will go to actual events, too. Again, optional.

Non members, as stated, can shoot. For non members it's $5 per night to cover materials (targets, wood frames, etc). Members $4 per night.

Is winclean or the like required ?

Is the new vent system up and running?

thansk
No particular ammunition is required for practices. Many people reload.. A few even use non-jacketed. If you shoot actual competitions, IDPA regs apply (velocity).

New vent system is up and running.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will try and stop down Thursday to check it out! thanks for all the great info...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
plan on going tonight.. anybody gonna be there?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts