New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Wow,so from what i heard in that video,the cops will shoot weather or not it has a orange tip,to protect there lives.Got to love were the USA is headed .First they shoot dogs because they look mean,now they will shoot your kids with the air soft because they dont know if the orange tip is on a toy gun or real gun.How the hell did we get to this time we live in?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not looking for an orange tip when I have what otherwise looks exactly like a real gun pointed at me. You can't scream about personal responsibility and then blame the cops when a dumbass makes such a wildly stupid decision like that.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
A gun gets pointed at me, with or without an orange tip, or any other colored tip, the one pointing may very well lose his life. It would not be my responsibility to figure out what is real or what is fake.

Point a gun at someone=Get shot!

I do not think it is the police's job to figure out if the orange tip is there to protect the end of the gun or if the guy holding it has bad intentions and is trying to mimic a fake.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys realize that they are tread protectors right? No one has made the tips orange to confuse the police. It's a article that is based on something that's not true.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I was responding to the comment above mine, not the article. It is stupid to confiscate guns merely for the color of the tip of the barrel. Just don't point it at anyone!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
You guys realize that they are tread protectors right? No one has made the tips orange to confuse the police. It's a article that is based on something that's not true.
I didn't read the article yet, but there are people who are painting the tips of their guns orange. Gang members have been doing it for years. Some places have local laws against it. I don't know if this is the legal basis for their reaction.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I was responding to the comment above mine, not the article. It is stupid to confiscate guns merely for the color of the tip of the barrel. Just don't point it at anyone!
Ditto. I actually thought the article was badly written to begin with. The news reporters in the short video were a joke, the story sounded very scripted.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Meh - it could have been their intention who knows, my thread protectors that came on my Arsenal were black, not orange like that.

I'd also shoot at someone who attempts to point a gun at me, fake or not, even a lucky shot with a BB gun can be fatal - I have a cousin who has a lead pellet lodged in his chest a few centimeters from his heart to this day due to a dumb accident. Its too close to his heart to risk the surgery to remove if that gives you an idea of how close to having a hole in his heart he came, and it wasnt from a really powerful pellet rifle either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.