New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mclains sporting goods in Endicott has a saiga 7.62x39 for $599. He said they had a couple also said they have a 223 not sure if the 223 is more

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not a bad price, but not a fan of his. Never been friendly to me, and charged my friend $50 for a private FTF transfer.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Not a bad price, but not a fan of his. Never been friendly to me, and charged my friend $50 for a private FTF transfer.
He could be selling them for $100 and I would not give him the business. I got burned by that store badly. They sold me a revolver that was unsafe. I brought it back in an hour and showed them the issue. I even offered to split the cost of having it fixed. They said they would cover it all. It sat at their store for over 3 months. I called every few weeks and they said "soon". They gave the impression that it was with a gunsmith. I finally stopped in after over 3 months and asked in person. The guy said "I have it in the safe." I was thinking it was finally fixed. I tested it and it had not been touched. The guy said it had not left the shop yet. I got a bit upset and asked why they thought it was ok to lie to customers and jerk them around. He said "Talk to the owner". I was tempted to take them to small claims court but figured I would just never set foot in there again and spread the word. I would rather order one from Timbercreek or gun broker.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just passing the word, but I know where your coming from I don't particularly like dealing with them just stopped because I was bored on my lunch break and was close by.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What is it with a lot (not all) of gun shop owners? Rudest people you'll ever meet. No people skills

·
Registered
451 Posts
Kurt at KJS in Bainbridge and Adventure Time in Oneonta have always been friendly to me.

Lynns in Davenport was cool too.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats your take on losies? kinda get the "better than u vibes" there too

·
Registered
451 Posts
whats your take on losies? kinda get the "better than u vibes" there too
Generally speaking, they act like they are doing you a favor if you buy something. I got there as a last resort.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im a swing driver (cover all the routes) for fedex. I deliver to all these places and do lots of browsing and try to feel everyone out. My favorite place still remains lock n load in owego, family owned and run and I always get a whatcha after today? wanna see anything? I always reply just doing my weekly browsing you know that. best customer service around imo...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts