New York Firearms Forum banner

SAFE Presentation in LaFayette, NY jan. 30 at 5PM

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Carabiner 
#1 ·
LaFayette Library Information and hours

Cuomo staffers will give a presentation and will have a Q/A session.

We need to swarm all of these presentations and make our opinions known.

And to the guys saying they have to work, well, you will have a lifetime of unjust laws to enjoy if you sit on your ass and do nothing.

#4 ·
As I posted in the CLARENCE, NY thread, I'm not sure it will fly if you stand up and just give an opinion. Ask loaded questions which criticize the bill. For example: What does NYS plan on doing with these ammo and assault weapon registry databases once the unSAFE Act is repealed in the higher courts for being Unconstitutional? Does the legislature realize that in the event of a home invasion (where multiple intruders are involved), that if someone's family is raped and murdered as a result of the 7-round limit inhibiting that person's ability to defend themselves, wrongful death lawsuits could be legitimately filed against NYS? Who is going to pay for all of this? Whose taxes will be raised, and by how much?

#6 ·
True, they may just state up front that if the question doesn't pertain directly to the implementation of a law, they won't address it. You'll get blank stares if you ask about Lowers, etc. during the session. Or they'll just answer the question incorrectly.

#7 ·
The most upsetting is no assumption of privacy if you do register. The SAFE act gives a privacy option to handgun permit holders but they plan to provide a shopping list for AWs to all the thieves out there.

#9 ·
So we've had:

A website with wrong info.

A hotline with wrong info.

Tons of amendments for wrong info.

A Q/A session (to be filled with wrong info).

This law WAS well thought out. :D

#11 ·
"Excuse me, sir, and why as an oath-taker are you enforcing a violation the constitution?"....

>chirp chirp chirp<

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.