New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is a list of 17 New York State Senators who are currently co-sponsors of S3948 (a bill which calls for the repeal of certain provisions of the NY SAFE ACT).

KATHLEEN MARCHIONE (DIST 43) has very recently introduced S5648-2013(to CODES on MAY 31), which calls for the TOTAL repeal of this horrendous SAFE ACT.

The following 17 Senators NEED to hear how you DO appreciate their efforts, and that YOU WANT THEM TO CO-SPONSOR
S5648-2013.

STAY IN THE FIGHT.

GREG BALL (DIST 40)Albany Office817 Legislative Office Building Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12247United States
Phone: (518) 455-3111
Fax: (518) 426-6977

Email address: [email protected]

PHILIP M. BOYLE (DIST 4)
Albany Office814 Legislative Office Building
Phone: (518) 455-3411

JOHN A. DEFRANCISCO (DIST 50)
District Office333 East Washington Street 800 State Office Building
Syracuse, NY 13202United States
Phone: (315) 428-7632

HUGH T. FARLEY (DIST 49)
District Office199 Milton Avenue Suite 4
Ballston Spa, NY 12020United States
Phone: (518) 885-1829
Fax: (518) 885-1970

District Office 233-41 East Main Street City Hall
Johnstown, NY 12095United States
Phone: (518) 762-3733
Fax: (518) 762-3721

PATRICK M. GALLIVAN (DIST 59)
Albany Office
947 LOB
Phone: 518-455-3471
Fax: 518-426-6949

JOSEPH A. GRIFFO (DIST 47)
District Office207 Genesee Street Room 408
Utica, NY 13501United States
Phone: (315) 793-9072
Fax: (315) 793-0298

WILLIAM J. LARKIN (DIST 39)
District Office
1093 Little Britain Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
United States
Phone: (845) 567-1270

TOM LIBOUS (DIST 52)
District Office44 Hawley St Rm 1607
Binghamton, NY 13901United States
Phone: (877) 854-2687

GEORGE D. MAZIARZ (DIST 62)
District Office175 Walnut St., Suite 6
Lockport, NY 14094United States
Phone: (716) 434-0680
Fax: (716) 434-3297

MICHAEL F. NOZZOLIO (DIST 54)
District Office119 Fall Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148United States
Phone: (315) 568-9816
Fax: (315) 568-2090

THOMAS F. O'MARA (DIST 58)
Albany OfficeLegislative Office Building Room 812
Phone: 518-455-2091
Fax: 518-426-6976

MICHAEL H. RANZENHOFER (DIST 61)
District Office8203 Main Street Suite 4
Williamsville, NY 14221United States
Phone: (716) 631-8695 / (585) 454-0322
Fax: (716) 634-4321

PATTY RICHIE (DIST 48)
Albany OfficeLegislative Office Building, Room 412
Phone: 518-455-3438
Fax: 518-426-6740

JOSEPH E. ROBECH (DIST 56)
District Office2300 W. Ridge Road
Rochester, NY 14626United States
Phone: (585) 225-3650

JAMES L. SEWARD (DIST 51)
Albany Office172 State Street Room 430, Capitol
Phone: (518) 455-3131

CATHERINE YOUNG (DIST 57)
Albany Office188 State Street Room 307 Legislative Office Building
Phone: (518) 455-3563
Fax: (518) 426-6905

LEE M. ZELDIN (DIST 3)
District OfficeNYS Office Building
Hauppauge, NY 11788United States
Phone: 631-360-3356
Fax: 631-360-3269

· Registered
585 Posts

· Registered
7,144 Posts
You guys are too much. EIGHTEEN RINOS voted FOR the SAFE Act, INCLUDING BOYLE, who now so conveniently regrets it.

All these guys are doing is pandering to keep their jobs. They could have blocked this law, and did not do so.

Repeal is a joke. The NYC Liberals who own the Assembly would rather die than vote for repeal.

There is NO path to repeal. NONE.

Hopefully we can win in Court. We may be able to pick away at it one amendment at a time.

But there is NO REPEAL. Pigs will fly first.

You accuse them of buying votes from retired LEO's, but you allow them to buy your votes with this BS. This never makes it to the floor of the Senate, and even it if did it means nothing. It could NEVER pass the Assembly.

You are buying into this hook line and sinker. Fools.

· Registered
156 Posts
my question is, court dates have already been pushed back because of the posibility of supreme court rulings or cases or what have you, if this piece of legislation is brought up could it not be used to further push court dates back. and then once the court date is postponed could they not just vote it down then rinse and repeat as the new court date approaches keeping us essentially locked into these laws and keeping the courts from stepping in?

· Registered
7,144 Posts
my question is, court dates have already been pushed back because of the posibility of supreme court rulings or cases or what have you, if this piece of legislation is brought up could it not be used to further push court dates back. and then once the court date is postponed could they not just vote it down then rinse and repeat as the new court date approaches keeping us essentially locked into these laws and keeping the courts from stepping in?
If I understand your question, you are thinking that they could repeal some provisions to make the Court cases moot and dismissed, and then vote them back in ad infinitim?

Yes and no. If we have a case against the 7 round limit, and they repeal that, the court case becomes moot. However, will all that this law has generated, they know that if they repeal any provision, it will never come back, because this time the 18 RINOS won't be so quick to vote for it. They see their jobs on the line.
As well, if that became a pattern you could get a Court to rule on it. They can not keep passing and repealing the same law for the sole purpose of avoiding Court scrutiny. So no, that is not going to happen.

The Courts are the only hope.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
I sent an email to George Maziarz. He's been a constant supporter of our 2nd Amendment Rights.

If you all want to throw up your hands and be negative, fine. While I don't think Silver, Cuomo, et. al., will let this go through, at least someone is trying! It keeps this disaster firmly focused in the minds of New Yorkers, and makes these scum politicians sweat when they think of November 2014.

If you want to get rid of this travesty, you need to use their methods against them. That means trying anything and everything legally you can possibly think of in the hopes that SOMETHING sticks and we can finally shrug this oppressive mantle from our shoulders.

Or you can lay down and let Cuomo butt-f*** you some more.
Me.....I'm not taking this laying down.

· Registered
722 Posts
You guys are too much. EIGHTEEN RINOS voted FOR the SAFE Act, INCLUDING BOYLE, who now so conveniently regrets it.

All these guys are doing is pandering to keep their jobs. They could have blocked this law, and did not do so.

Repeal is a joke. The NYC Liberals who own the Assembly would rather die than vote for repeal.

Hopefully we can win in Court. We may be able to pick away at it one amendment at a time.

You accuse them of buying votes from retired LEO's, but you allow them to buy your votes with this BS. This never makes it to the floor of the Senate, and even it if did it means nothing. It could NEVER pass the Assembly.

Spot on

· Registered
722 Posts
I sent an email to George Maziarz. He's been a constant supporter of our 2nd Amendment Rights.

If you all want to throw up your hands and be negative, fine. While I don't think Silver, Cuomo, et. al., will let this go through, at least someone is trying! It keeps this disaster firmly focused in the minds of New Yorkers, and makes these scum politicians sweat when they think of November 2014.

If you want to get rid of this travesty, you need to use their methods against them. That means trying anything and everything legally you can possibly think of in the hopes that SOMETHING sticks and we can finally shrug this oppressive mantle from our shoulders.

Or you can lay down and let Cuomo butt-f*** you some more.
Me.....I'm not taking this laying down.
Not laying down but maybe bent over?

· Registered
28 Posts

You are correct "Pigs will fly first"
before this will hit the Senate floor let alone get through the Assembly.

I understand this sucks but RIGHT now this is about time and pressure and throwing enough chit against the wall until something sticks.

The point is we cant give in....... We need to become even more determined to defeat this POS but we are not going to blow this out of the water it in one shot, it will need to be defeated one slice at a time.......

The Amendment for "Retired LEO's" was the first slice and even there it wasn't much but a slice it was!

If you have an elected official that is willing to sign onto a FULL REPEAL than SUPPORT them even if the voted for this YES for this POS because if you get enough willing to sign on, it will create a heard mentality.

Look at the time frame on the NY SAFE ACT Resolutions Map, it didn't happen over night and yes its purely symbolic BUT they are taking notice!

Trust me, my Assemblyman Brian Curran (RINO) voted for this crap under the premise of the "Mental Health" aspect and I have and still do send him as much information on a weekly basis that proves he voted incorrectly and while its doesn't change his vote he is beginning to see the light based on his responses and non answers. The dude certainly must think I'm a pain in the a$$ but I voted for him and he Represents ME, so long as I keep it professional and respectful I'll keep on him and he is listening......

Elections matter and so does ACTION, if you dont believe me go troll on some Progressive/Democrat websites and see how well they mobilize their base and stay on message!

Look at Change.org that should give you an idea.....

Gotta keep at it with Patience and a Positive Attitude!

btw: to your point, yes this could have and should have been blocked but that issue needs to be put right in front of the office door of Senator Skelos.....

· Registered
361 Posts

Yeah! That's the spirit! Everyone just GIVE UP! Your rights are gone and never coming back! Stop trying!

/sarcasm

Please. Repeal is not entirely impossible. Cuomo's numbers are dropping steadily each and every day. If King Andy is anything, he's a politician first. If he has any aspirations of being Governor again, or POTUS down the road, he'd be smart to show he can reasonable and eat crow when he's knows something went bad.

He's not a smart guy, but it's a smart political move.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
i sent a letter to all of the ny state representatives (even on the federal level just to send them the message).

this is my mass email list

[email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] (eadams[email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); Greg Ball ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected]y.us ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected])

99 Posts
This is the email I just sent to the email list. Share if you like:

Hello,

I urge you all to move forward with repeal or modification of this law. It fails in many aspects and I expect that the State and Andrew will loose in Court. This act/law is not based upon sound research or statistical analysis by any means.

Sheldon Silver needs to leave or step down. If I acted in the manner in which he did in my business or any of my positions I would be in the news and on the way out the door.

We should also have recall laws, my suspicion is that some of you may not sit where you are presently if that were the case, and we know many others would be long gone.

In NYC, the land of Bloomberg and Silver there were 31 shootings since Friday. The hand gun laws and firearm laws are far more restrictive then what many refer to as upstate.

Rochester, New York continues to circle the drain. We almost have as many shot as we do stabbed at any given time.

I have been on the street as a Paramedic for going on 28 years both in the city and the suburbs where I have seen and dealt with the victims of such crimes.

I have been a probation officer for almost 23 years both in a rural county and for almost 18 year in Monroe County (yes, I am on my lunch to our local representatives).

Andrew, is/has closing the Finger Lakes DDSO, I have supervised some very dangerous sex offenders from this facility. Guess what, they are getting released to the community into private group homes. Possible with some of your support and others support.

Andrew is closing psychiatric facilities and not fully funding mental health treatment agencies, yet he is compelling these agencies to provide a hit list of those who should not carry firearms, obviously in violation of HIPPA and other laws.

Andrew is closing prisons and releasing dangerous criminals to the streets while not fully funding probation and parole services.

News, project exile does not work, it was a joke from the beginning. Many of the other programs such as Impact are minimally effective, you do not know this because you do not see the true statistics.

The juvenile justice program is going down the tube. Services are limited and placement is almost certainly going away under Andrew. Sure, I am sure Andrew thought this out just like he did the safe act, move them back into the environment for which they came, which offered little hope.

Andrew does not know if he wants to legalize marijuana, one day yes, the other no. Of course you can be carrying around marijuana and 10 bags or crack and still walk with a slap on the hand.

You see, New York, although a very beautiful state with much to offer is placing everyone of its' citizens at risk because of uninformed and poor decision making.

The rich get richer, the poor, poorer, if you commit a crime and you are a high up in government you have an excuse for your behavior and it is all OK.

I wonder, are you folks genuinely ethical and moral when you do your job? Government is failing all over the place. We are are better then this, but the actions of government will lead us to more violence, negative responses to the government, and just maybe civil unrest and what could only be considered a type of civil war.

I would gather this email will be tossed like the many others that you receive, I hope not. I would even being willing to meet with any of you. Things need to change, not just the safe act, but the way we are governed, the way we as citizens go about our life and the way you represent the people who placed you into office.

Politics are dirty, just look at Monroe County, sad case, soon we may even see some indictments or at least resignation.

Honestly I could not do your jobs, I am not an ass kisser, I do not lie, and I speak my mind. You can never make everyone happy and you will suffer if you try. You just need to be honest and up front to the people. Unfortunately Andrew's definition of transparency differs are the rest of the world.

Good luck and thank you,

· Registered
5,239 Posts

Thanks for the Sarah Palin viewpoint, but we are not all QUITTERS!

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Nobody is buying anything scosgt! We are too busy in the fight to go shopping! We shoot for the stars, and if we hit the sun and the moon, that's not to bad, and gives us a platform to reload from! WE haven't gotten OURS, yet!
Robin

· Registered
7,144 Posts
Thanks for the Sarah Palin viewpoint, but we are not all QUITTERS!
Nobody is saying to quit.
I am saying to put the resources where they will do the most good.
NYC legislators will never vote for repeal.
Writing letters to people favorable to us is nice, but basically useless.
There is only once scenario under which this could be partly repealed:
AT budget time, SKELos tells andy: REPEAL. NO NEGOTIATION. Repeal or I shut the State down. NO budget, NO pay bills, NO temporary bills, nothing. Close the State.
Now that would force andys hand. What do you think the chances are of that happening?
I will be appointed King of the World before that happens.

Resources are better used by contributing to the court cases. And working to remove legislators from BOTH parties who voted for the abomination.
Let them feel the power of the force.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.