New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my M&P for 6 months or so and the white dot on the front sight is not in the dimple totally. It looks like it is sliding out and not ad brilliant white as the two in the rear. Is that something that would be covered and does the dealer need to ship it off if it is repaired? Never had to have something like that checked out?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This happens all the time. they will send you a new sight, BUT it is better to upgrade to tritium front or F/O front sight.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
My M&P white dot came out when shooting. All you need to do is get some hobby paint and fill it back in. Do not waste your time sending it back for some white paint. Actually this is the time to get some fluorescent paint and go to town like I did: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/diy-projects-builds/20637-diy-pistol-night-sights.html

James
I was able to restore mine with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and a dab of white out from one of those white out pens.

For future reference, when you do warranty repair work you are allowed to send direct to the factory, no FFL needed. Additionally, they can ship it right back to your door, no FFL required.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I was able to restore mine with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and a dab of white out from one of those white out pens.

For future reference, when you do warranty repair work you are allowed to send direct to the factory, no FFL needed. Additionally, they can ship it right back to your door, no FFL required.
For NY I think any repair that involves the frame of the pistol, it must be returned to an FFL.

·
Registered
722 Posts
no, you can send your pistol directly to the manufacter for warrenty work and they can send it drectly back to you. i have done it twice with both ruger and sig.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts