New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a S&W M&P 45c. Most holster companies will sell a holster for the full size or the compact. Some will break it down to 9, 45c, 45 full size etc. Crossbreed seconds has a good amount of holsters available for the m&p with m&pc showing up every now and then. Are these guns pretty much the same except for barrel and grip length?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the M&P 45c, 9c and 9 full size and all my holsters fit all 3. I would think that a leather holster may be less forgiving and the 45 may not fit. It is a little thicker than the 9c or 9 FS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I picked up this DeSantis IWB holster from Midway:

Intruder Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand S&W M&P 9mm Luger 40 S&W Kydex Leather Black

I have the M&P 45c and wanted to give it a try, even though it was made for the 9mm or 40S&W. The 45c fits perfectly in it in my opinion.

From what I was told in talking to my local gun shop, there are 3 models that have the same exact main frame [45 fullsize (4.5" barrel, full grip), 45 midsize (4" barrel, full grip) and 45c (4" barrel and compact grip)]. They all share the same frame and there are only minimal differences in the slide length and grip. If you look at the pictures of the different models, the slide hangs about half an inch over the end of the frame on the full size 45. On both the 45 midsize and the 45c the slide is about even with the end of the frame.

Based on this, which could mostly be assumptions, if the holster does not cover the muzzle and does not enclose the grip, then any holster made for any of the M&P 45s should be interchangeable.

So, not sure if this helped at all or makes sense, but it kind of made sense in my head...

Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly what I was thinking. As long as the holster doesn't cover the muzzle then it should fit the compact and full size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts